November 18, 2017, 08:51:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tough?  (Read 700 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: May 13, 2009, 12:34:38 PM »

I was reading an article today at Laidback Racing about the "chat" with David Hill of Fox on Friday.  I was appalled at his comments when asked about why Fox is dumbing down the coverage with the weasel, so I went to the transcript from the actual chat and this is what he really said:

"FOXSports.com: 
Paul asks: I've been a fan of NASCAR for the last 15 years, and I've seen many changes in how we watch the sport. While I greatly enjoy NASCAR on FOX's coverage, I am not too fond of the implementation of the Digger character. There are many longtime fans who say that the Digger character is childish, dumbs down the coverage, and is a useless element to the broadcast, having no relevance to the upcoming race. What do you say to those who oppose to Digger?

3:09 David Hill:  Tough. 
3:09 FOXSports.com:  Resistance is futile: Get your DIGGER gear here!"

I've always thought the people in charge at Fox were arrogant and blind to what the fans really want.  But I really never thought they'd be so completely rude to the viewers as this.   Angry

Cheryl
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 08:51:35 PM »

Fox has clearly turned off more old time fans than it has gained new ones. But as long as Nascar and the sponsors continue to pay the $, Fox will do its thing. I hear/read complaints about DW on every Board I'm involved with, but Fox could care less. Maybe we'll get lucky and the current economic situation will have a real effect.

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2009, 12:57:49 AM »

3:09 David Hill:  Tough. 
3:09 FOXSports.com:  Resistance is futile: Get your DIGGER gear here!"

"Did he really say that?" - Booker T (Huffman), pro wrestler

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: