November 18, 2017, 03:37:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Acticle by Larry Mac  (Read 401 times)
old hot rodder
All-Star

« on: May 01, 2009, 02:37:21 PM »

Good article by Larry McReynolds on Fox Sports , if I can post it correctly
Dick

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/9459576/Fans-aren't-happy-and-NASCAR-better-listen
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 02:41:59 PM by Cheryl » Logged

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 02:43:26 PM »

Dick,

I went in and edited your post to make the link stand out and be "clickable."  Also, I have to admit after what happened with David Poole this week, my heart skipped a beat when I saw your subject as just "Larry Mac," so I added "article by."  Hope you don't mind!

Cheryl
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 02:54:44 PM »

Dick,

You are right, it was a good article.  I don't usually read anything by the Fox crew anymore, so thanks for posting the link. 

I really enjoy his point that so many fans complain about drivers not showing emotion and then when Kyle Busch does, they condemn him.  They can't have it both ways...

I also feel like the top 35 rule has taken most of the interest out of qualifying - at least for me.  Especially having the "go or go homers" at the end.  Frankly, when they come up, I tune out.  There's really no chance these guys are going to knock a regular off the pole, so why watch?

Cheryl
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009, 04:20:20 PM »

Cheryl, I wouldn't say that it was the best written piece I've ever seen, but his points were valid and well made. Of course, this cynical old curmudgeon would probably faint if Nascar should decide to listen to the fans. Wink

And thanks for editing my post.

Dick (istill like old trucks!) Grin

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: