November 18, 2017, 01:58:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Speed Drops the Ball  (Read 477 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: May 01, 2009, 12:50:04 PM »

I was extremely disappointed to see that Speed cut into the timeslot for the Camping World East Race from Tri-County that was scheduled for 3:00 yesterday.  The races are already on at an absurd time for people who work to watch.  I set my dvr for the race yesterday and when I got home from work and settled in to watch the recording, found that Speed was showing a recent Richmond race that extended into the first 10 minutes of the Tri-County race.  So of course, my recording cut off before the end of the race.   Angry

I simply don't understand how Speed can have pre-recorded content overlap into another tape-delayed show!  Apparently Speed is only showing the Camping World races a single time, so it's impossible to even catch a repeat of the race in its entirety.

I just sent an email to Speed about this, but of course, they probably don't care.  They seem to only care about showing stupid "reality" shows like Pinks these days, rather than actual racing.

Cheryl
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 06:39:33 PM »

Wow!  I actually got a response back from Speed which said:

"The Camping World Touring race from Tri-County will be replayed late
night Saturday/early Sunday morning at 4am. We do not expect it to be
joined in progress, but it's always prudent to tack on an extra half
hour or so to its recording time."

Still no explanation why a taped race was "joined in progress," but nice that someone took the time to let me know about the rebroadcast.

Cheryl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: