November 25, 2017, 08:51:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Did you like the new set on Inside Nextel Cup?  (Voting closed: March 02, 2004, 01:44:03 PM)
Yes, I think it's fine - 1 (14.3%)
No, It was better the way it was - 6 (85.7%)
Total Voters: 5

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Set on Inside Nextel Cup  (Read 1786 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: February 24, 2004, 01:44:03 PM »

I haven't checked all the threads this morning, but I'm surprised there were no comments about the new set/format for this show.  First off, let me say it has been my favorite racing show ever since I started watching it.  For a while there, it was my favorite show on TV.  

I know that TV folks think they must change things to keep them fresh, but in my opinion the new set was horrible!  I was so distracted by all the "stuff," it was hard to follow the conversation last night.  Why do we need a giant TV monitor with patterns and flashing lights in the middlle of the set?  Also, I thought it was clever that the designers managed to have the Budweiser car in every shot of Michael or Kenny.  ARE they sponsoring this show?  

The content of the show vs. commercials has gone down since Fox bought Speedvision two years ago.  Now, we have to have commercials in the middle of the discussions too?  And what's up with the Fox graphics and loud noises as seques into every highlight video?  Did it take them two years to totally take over the production of this show.

I was proud to hear Michael complain about the set and how they felt exposed and away from the desk like they used to be.  I sure hope fans write them and complain too.  Though I doubt with all the money they supposedly spent that Fox/Speed will change back to the old format.  This was the one show where I felt I could escape from all of the hype and flash of Fox.  I guess that's not true anymore. :cry:

Cheryl
sally
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2004, 07:02:26 PM »

Mikey was right.  Part of what made the show fun was having everyone right together.  Now it looks like some quiz show!  Nice try, BIG miss. Sad
Vivian
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2004, 08:50:38 PM »

I have mixed feelings about it.  They do seem to be rather disconnected from Alan, but it does control Mikey's slumping and figeting a bit.   Shocked
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2004, 11:59:48 PM »

Cheryl, I am amazed at how much we agree upon. IWC was the one tv show for which I actually made an effort to get home in time to see.
    I missed the first half last night. I agree that the set was better the old way. Ah, change for the sake of change.... :roll:

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2004, 01:53:40 PM »

Old Hot Rodder wrote:

I agree that the set was better the old way. Ah, change for the sake of change....

Unfortunately they are mirroring everything else in NASCAR these days... :cry:

Cheryl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: