November 18, 2017, 01:57:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: No Penalties for Post-Race Actions  (Read 422 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: April 21, 2009, 12:19:57 PM »

I heard this on XM last night.  On NASCAR Now, Ricky Craven and the group said there ought to be penalities for consistency with what had been done to others in similar circumstances.  Of course, NASCAR doesn't know the meaning of consistency.

From Jayski:

"Dale Jr. and Mears to be penalized? UPDATE: NASCAR officials will likely lower the boom on #88-Dale Earnhardt Jr. and #07-Casey Mears for late-race and post-race antics here Saturday night at Phoenix. The two tangled several times late, bringing out the final caution that almost cost Mark Martin the win. Mears: "I didn't mean to get together with Dale Jr. I think he was trying to save fuel and make it to the end without stopping, and I wheel-hopped the car getting into the corner and ended up making contact with him. I guess he was a little bent out of shape about it because he spun me out after the checkered flag."(mikemulhern.net)(4-20-2009)
UPDATE: NASCAR will NOT penalize Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Casey Mears for their post-race incident at Phoenix.(Virginian Pilot)(4-21-2009)"

Cheryl
cowboy271
Grizzled Veteran

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 11:36:07 PM »

SURPRISE!!!!  SURPRISE!!!!  I'm really glad NASCAR is allowing the drivers to better express themselves:)  Where's that tongue in cheek emoticon?

I'm keeping with NASCAR's theme.."Idiot of Tomorrow" so Speedcouch needs a new resident idiot.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 01:05:13 PM »

So today, according to David Poole, NA$CAR changed their mind and put them both on double-secret probation for 6 races.  As Poole points out, that means absolutely nothing, but I guess they decided they had to make a token effort so as not to appear to show favoritism (not that they ever seem to care about that appearance any other time).   laugh

http://turn-lane.blogspot.com/2009/04/earnhardt-jr-mears-go-on-probation.html

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 04:48:10 PM »

Then again, times have changed.  In the past, money and points would have been taken away.  In addition, the penalties were getting worse for each infraction, as it is with car violations.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: