November 22, 2017, 09:14:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Phoenix Race  (Read 379 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: April 20, 2009, 05:32:09 PM »

I was actually glad to see Mark Martin get this win (which surprised myself since I've never been a fan).   laugh  But I was particularling glad when he passed Stewart near the end.  Also impressed that Ryan didn't mess with him to help Stewart as I feared when I saw him stay out on that last pit stop sequence. 

But really, it was Lou pulling his old Winn-Dixie shirt out of the closet to wear on Saturday afternoon that got Mark back to Victory Lane.   Wink  He said he felt inspired after them talking about Roush's 100th win in the Busch Series Friday night. 

It was really neat to see Burton, Kenseth, and Roush come to VL to congratulate Mark.  Very classy move for them all. 

Cheryl

old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 03:17:38 PM »

That would be about my current 4 favorite people in racing, Jack, Mark, Jeff and Matt. Pretty darn good group. Smiley

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 04:49:30 PM »

I was also moved by the post-race reaction.  It was a reward for the class and generosity that Mark Martin has shown through the years. Smiley

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: