November 24, 2017, 02:03:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Birthday at Disneyland  (Read 680 times)
Desmond
All-Star

« on: March 14, 2009, 07:46:00 AM »

As I reported Wednesday in chat, today was my 37th birthday.  And as promised, I took advantage of an offer to go to Disneyland for free.

The day did not start out well, as my father, who I live with and rely on for transportation, got turned around to a vast parking area.  Eventually, I made it to the main theme park.  When I did, I was given a special birthday button and every employee - or "cast member" - who saw it congratulated me.

I knew I couldn't hit all of the park's various events in one day, so I stuck to those either I had not been to before or to some favorites from the past.  This included "It's a Small World," "Star Tours," and "Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters."  Astro Blasters is interactive and you got a score and ratings based on your performance in the shooting game.  Unfortunately, I scored on the second-lowest level.

In the afternoon, I caught "Billy Hill and the Hillbillies" at the Golden Horseshoe Revue.  The show combines bluegrass music, some older rock and roll, and lots of comedy.  Finally, I got a chance to see some of the music that I have grown to love.

The last thing I did was a doubleheader of visual spectacles: "Fantasmic," described as "Mickey Mouse in a battle of good vs. evil," and "Remember...Dreams Come True," its nightly fireworks show.  In both cases, Disney brought out all its big characters and most memorable attractions.  I enjoyed both immensely.

I also wanted to get on "Matterhorn Bobsleds," but it was closed. Sad

Overall, I would give the day an A grade.  I was given a b

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: