November 23, 2017, 12:12:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Great Article About Singing the Anthem  (Read 596 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: March 14, 2009, 01:50:12 AM »

From Art Weinstien of Scene Daily:

http://www.scenedaily.com/news/articles/sprintcupseries/Art_Weinstein_National_anthem_an_important_part_of_NASCAR_experience.html

He makes some excellent points!  I really cannot stand the way most of these stars sing the anthem these days.  It's not a love ballad...

Also in some of the comments, one person points out how most women at the races don't take off their hats in respect.  That always bothered me too when I always took mine off.  Maybe it's because I have worked for the military so much of my life, but in this day and age of equality for the sexes, why shouldn't women be required to show the same respect for the National Anthem that men do?   Roll Eyes

Cheryl
super61
Grizzled Veteran

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2009, 05:14:20 PM »

the one thing that bugs me is nearly no one other than the paid performer sings the national anthem. go to a sporting event in Mexico or any European country, and nearly every person in attendance sings their country's anthem. and there is only one version of an anthem.  the only time we as citizens take pride in our country is when we are attacked, other than that it, it is taken for granted.

ken

never under estimate what an angry mob can accomplish
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 04:52:38 PM »

Not to excuse some of the over-the-top performances, but at least once I have seen the anthem singer slow down her rhythm at the end so that it would sync with the flyover.  Either the pace of the song was too fast or the aircraft was late getting over the race track.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Lou
Administrator
Living Legend

I wish my seat at the track was this close!

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2009, 01:48:27 AM »

Not to excuse some of the over-the-top performances, but at least once I have seen the anthem singer slow down her rhythm at the end so that it would sync with the flyover.  Either the pace of the song was too fast or the aircraft was late getting over the race track.

The flag of the United States and the National Anthem are not subservient to anyone or anything. The anthem should be sung as written, not altered for personal style or to suit any media means to satisfy their timing. It is not open for debate to me no matter what reason is given.

Period.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: