November 19, 2017, 10:41:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: David Pearson Article  (Read 422 times)
old hot rodder
All-Star

« on: March 09, 2009, 03:24:30 PM »

There is a nice article about David Pearson on Nascar.com, under news/opinions. (sorry, I forget how to post links).

Anyhow, read this and then you will understand how many of we old timers feel about the state of "stock car racing" as it stands today.

Dick

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
cowboy271
Grizzled Veteran

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 04:22:28 AM »

Dick,

Thanks for that reference.  The Silver Fox sorta put things into perspective IMHO.  The new car and NASCAR's intervention has taken most of the team/crew chief input out of the picture.  It really seems to come down to which team has the most horsepower at a certain track wins.   

I'm keeping with NASCAR's theme.."Idiot of Tomorrow" so Speedcouch needs a new resident idiot.
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2009, 05:34:39 PM »

I'm a little late in responding, James. Been very busy lately, I mean REALLY busy, (all of which lead to me tellin' the "boss" last night that I'm getting too old for this----) Grin

I think handling still plays a role, but the engineers are gettin more and more power, and you know the old saw about Horsepower and speed costs money. How fast do you want to go, Or how fast can you afford to go?Huh?

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: