November 24, 2017, 12:44:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Charity Cautions  (Read 672 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: March 09, 2009, 12:23:42 PM »

Instead of the mysterious "competition cautions" NA$CAR usually does, yesterday they were blatantly obvious that they threw three "charity" cautions to help one driver get back on the lead lap or prevent from going a lap down.  It was just absurd!  If it's not your day, it's not your day and NA$CAR keeps becoming more and more of a joke since they keep doing stuff like this.   Shocked

Although it made a big difference at the end of the race, at least the final caution where Robbie Gordon laid down a lot of debris actually seemed valid. 

Good to see Kurt Busch get back to VL and see Gordon, Vickers, Harvick, and some different drivers run up front this week.

Cheryl
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 12:14:56 PM by Cheryl » Logged
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 03:21:21 PM »

I didn't watch a lot of the race, but I did see a caution around the 70 laps to go time frame, and Fox never mentioned "why" the caution came out, at least not that I heard. Kurt was gonna run away with it had they not slowed things down. Oh well. Sad

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 04:46:06 PM »

Yeah, I noticed that too.  And don't forget that these caution periods are now sponsored, which is all the more reason to throw them whenever NASCAR wants.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
cowboy271
Grizzled Veteran

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 04:06:29 AM »

Cheryl, thanks for confirming what I thought was perhaps paranoia on my part.  I didn't really watch much of the race since the NC Super Bowl II was playing  (UNC vs. Duke bb), but I had serveral opportunities to switch over to the race which always seemed to be under caution, but I never saw nor heard an explanation for the cautions.

Thanks again Cheryl.

I'm keeping with NASCAR's theme.."Idiot of Tomorrow" so Speedcouch needs a new resident idiot.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2009, 12:16:41 PM »

Different week, same charity cautions to save one driver.  NA$CAR continues to become a real joke when it comes to keeping one driver on the lead lap.  Twice yesterday, I told Lou we'd be having a mysterious debris caution when I saw who was just lapped and then about to be lapped the 2nd time.   Roll Eyes  Just absurd...

Cheryl
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 12:50:23 PM by Cheryl » Logged
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2009, 05:33:43 PM »

Check out these "live observations" from the Scene Daily staff, particuarly Dave Exum in the 2nd one.  I had Fox muted a lot, but I cannot believe Mike Joy actually said this on the air!  Did anyone hear it?  I'm thinking it was when they were at commercial or something:

http://www.scenedaily.com/news/articles/sprintcupseries/Live_Food_City_500_observations_insight_from_SceneDaily_staffers_.html

Cheryl
super61
Grizzled Veteran

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2009, 09:13:01 PM »

yes he did, something along the line of "to all you conspiracy theorists, the lucky dog goes to dale jr again"

ken

never under estimate what an angry mob can accomplish
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: