November 23, 2017, 04:09:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lee Spencer on Irwindale  (Read 449 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: March 05, 2009, 06:49:45 PM »

Just heard Lee Spencer from foxsports.com on Rick Benjamin's show on XM saying that the truck series would do a lot better running at the half mile at Irwindale Speedway in CA.  I couldn't agree more!  I've been watching the Busch West races there on TV for the last five years or so and have said that's the place that NASCAR should be running to get the fans in CA interested in racing! 

When CA Speedway can't get a respectable crowd for a two-race event with trucks and Busch, perhaps they ought to think about moving those series to a track where the drivers can actually race side-by-side and always puts on a good show for the fans.

Cheryl
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 07:01:13 PM by Cheryl » Logged
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 05:02:53 PM »

Cheryl, I'm with you 100% on that!  I saw the Toyota All-Star Showdown on TV in January and thoroughly enjoyed the racing.  As a resident of the L.A. area, I am proud of this race track and hope to someday watch a race in person there.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: