November 21, 2017, 04:47:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did Robbie  (Read 354 times)
Vivian
« on: August 30, 2004, 04:47:03 PM »

do so bad that Nascar warned him they would send him to the garage?  This is directed mainly to Staci and Sally since they were there and saw more action than we did on tv.  I really didn't see on tv that  he drove any rougher than anyone else but for some reason Nascaar singled him out for a threat.  

Someone enlighten me if you can, please.  Thanks.
marrtinigirl
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2004, 04:57:45 PM »

At the beginning of the race, Robby had an excellent car.  So excellent, in fact, that on one of the restart, he passed five cars in a row on the outside.  It was spectacular to see.

Unfortunately, though, when you have that good of a car, and that hot-headed of a driver (no offense to Robby, it is just true) you get a little impatient and start, you know, bumping just about everything in front of you to get around.  Yeah, that's what Robby was doing.  A bump here, a nudge there, hey get outta my way...It wasn't anything too bad, as it wasn't causing a lot of wrecks, but I think NASCAR probably figured that if they didn't do something about it, it would get out of line.  Got to tell you, though, it made for someting really fun to watch.

The other fun thing to watch, which I am sure you didn't get to see on TV, was Kurt Busch trying to get past Carl Edwards.  He was bumping him every chance he got, and Carl would not move.  Just kept running his line.  He did eventually get by, but it was fun to watch the new guy say, "Uh, no, I'm not letting you go."  

There was so much bumping and passing going on it was incredible.  But everyone seemed to be so polite about it.  Just a little tap, nothing more.  No major wrecks (can you believe 200 green flag laps?  At Bristol?) but yet it was some of the tightest racing I have ever seen.  Finally, I got to watch what I wanted to watch, and not just the leader running away from the pack.  I hate TV.....
Vivian
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2004, 08:21:00 PM »

All that bumping and no one else got a warning?  That is why I am confused.  And even in the Busch race, apparently Biffle retaliating did not demand one either.  Racing will probably get rougher the closer we get to the end of the season.   I will be nit picking everyone's way of driving I am sure and looking for those team orders.   Smiley   Being suspicious I guess.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: