November 20, 2017, 10:35:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bristol Hooters Race  (Read 863 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: August 23, 2004, 02:01:53 AM »

Lou and I are at Bristol to attend the Hooters and truck races on Wednesday.  I didn't get a chance to post something before we headed down here yesterday.  We don't have tickets for Fri/Sat, so we plan to head home before the entire "circus" arrives on Thursday.  Here's a picture of me in the campground overlooking the track.

Now I'm trusting you guys to behave yourselves, but I will be looking in on you once a day.   Cheesy

Cheryl[/img]
sally
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2004, 11:31:05 AM »

Staci and I are part of the circus...we are leaving for Bristol on Wednesday, and will be attending the Big Show on Fri and Sat.  I'm taking the laptop along, so we will be able to keep up with everyone.  I'm going to tape the race so I can get an idea how different what I see at the race is from what TV shows.

Sally
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2004, 05:04:10 PM »

Just once a day, Cheryl? We may need more supervision than that
     Have a great time. The truck race should be a blast.. Cheesy

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Vivian
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2004, 05:27:46 PM »

How wonderful that you guys are going in person!  I envy all of you.   Cool

Sally, your idea of comparing the tape to the actual seems like a good way to get a different view.  Be sure to let us know what you think.  I know Beth Ann says it is so different at Phoenix.  It has been so many years since I went to a live cup race that it is hard for me to imagine the difference any more.  Besides, fans were "tamer" back then.  I know the atmosphere has to be sparking with exciting when you are there live.

Cheryl, thanks for the picture and be sure to update us.

I am looking forward to all the races as Bristol is always exciting.
John
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2004, 02:27:22 AM »

How I would love to kiss the ground where Cheryl stands!  And she's not staying for the big race.  Wow, the Hooters race must be good enough not to bother with the Cup race.

Will the Hooters race be on SPEED?

ommy Baldwin after Tropicana 400:  "This is NASCAR's world, we just live in it."
sally
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2004, 12:22:23 PM »

John, just about amy race at Bristol is worth watching!  The edge that the Hooters race has is a few thousand less people.  Packing 165,000 people into that track is...hard to describe.  What's even scarier, the traffic at MIS is about 5 times worse than at Bristol!  I can't wait to get there!
 Cheesy
Sally
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2004, 05:30:22 PM »

Quote from: "John"
How I would love to kiss the ground where Cheryl stands!  And she's not staying for the big race.  Wow, the Hooters race must be good enough not to bother with the Cup race.

Will the Hooters race be on SPEED?

John

Sorry didn't get a chance to see your question today.  Our internet access has been spotty with the cellphone this week.  But last night and today, we have a hard phone line in the media center (way cool).  

We felt that Hooters and the trucks would really be the best races here all week and just don't want to stay when another 100,000 arrive for the
Busch and Cup races.  We'll be heading home when they are pouring in tomorrow.  Lou and I agree that we'll enjoy those races much more from the couches at home.

As to your question on the Hooters race being on SPEED.  Yes, but it will not be live (they are always taped delayed).  Tomorrow night's race on SPEED will be the Hooters race from last weekend at Illana, IN.  The Bristol race will be on NEXT Thursday at 8 p.m.  Please check it out!

Well, better get off the laptop now before Lou wants it.  

Cheryl
derbyit857
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2004, 08:57:11 PM »

I would die to make it to a race in Bristol..  ANY race..   Smiley

Some day!
derbyit857
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2004, 09:12:32 PM »

Forgot to say hope you enjoyed the Bristol trip Cheryl!
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2004, 11:58:25 PM »

Quote from: "derbyit857"
Forgot to say hope you enjoyed the Bristol trip Cheryl!

Yes, it was great!  We have over 500 pictures to share when we get around to loading them on a webpage.  Stay tuned.  

Right now, I'm relaxing back here on the Speedcouch getting ready to watch the Busch race.  Just hope that Busch regular makes it to Victory Lane and not a whacker.  I felt so bad for Kenny Wallace yesterday when he got knocked off the pole.

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2004, 07:58:17 PM »

Quote from: "Cheryl"

Yes, it was great!  We have over 500 pictures to share when we get around to loading them on a webpage.  Stay tuned.  

Right now, I'm relaxing back here on the Speedcouch getting ready to watch the Busch race.  Just hope that Busch regular makes it to Victory Lane and not a whacker.  I felt so bad for Kenny Wallace yesterday when he got knocked off the pole.

Cheryl

Oh, well... :wink:

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: