November 18, 2017, 08:48:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kenseth on Letterman  (Read 468 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: February 19, 2009, 02:41:15 PM »

When I heard Matt would be on Letterman Monday night, I set the dvr to record it and finally got around to watching it last night.  Only the 2nd time I've ever seen that show in my life.  27 minutes of monolog to fast-forward through, then more ffing through some female TV star I never heard of, and finally at 45 minutes into the one hour show, they brought out Matt.  Try as Letterman could to trip him up, Matt was very classy and indulgent of what must've been a horrible situation.  At one point, Letterman says "so is it better for your car to be fast or quick?"  Matt hesitates for a heartbeat, gives an indulgent smile and says "both."  Good for Matt!  Then when the host tried to get him to weigh in on the JR debacle, he held his ground and refused to be drawn into it.  IMHO, Letterman is an awful interviewer!  After Matt got his five minutes of fame, more commercials and then with 3 minutes to go, they brought out Willie Nelson and Asleep at the Wheel to do a song.  Talk about pushing all the good stuff to the very end of the show!  Guess I won't be tuning into Letterman again any time soon.   laugh  Just glad to know that Matt is savvy enough to not let the host make a fool of him like he was trying to do.

Cheryl
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 02:44:07 PM by Cheryl » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: