November 25, 2017, 05:03:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Liberty Media "Bails Out" Sirius/XM  (Read 460 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: February 18, 2009, 02:00:40 PM »

I think this is good news...I have just heard so much bad stuff about the owner of DISH, so I'm glad to hear DirecTV's majority owner (Liberty Media) is bailing out XM.  Here are a couple of interesting articles:

http://www.orbitcast.com/archives/breaking-sirius-xm-radio-and-liberty-media-reach-530-million-agreement.html

http://www.orbitcast.com/archives/sirius-xm-bailout-what-this-means-for-satellite-radio-consumers.html

Cheryl
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 02:03:32 PM by Cheryl » Logged
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 03:43:29 PM »

HMMMMM. I'm not so sure that many of us consider Sattellite radio to be a "must have" item. I certainly don't. (I have been listening to cds the last couple of days. didn't even turn XM on). Besides, I'm a bit peeved that I have to pay extra to hear Claire B and MRN now, in spite of the merger. If I were in my vehicle 8 to 12 hours a day, yes, XM would definitely be a must have. But since I'm not,....well it isn't.

On the other hand, this bailout looks positive.

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 04:06:01 PM »

Oh, it's a must-have as far as I'm concerned.  I got it half because of NASCAR, but the other half was because I just couldn't stand to listen to the stupid "morning shows" around here.  DJ's add absolutely nothing of value to me and they play almost no music in the mornings.  As to CDs in the car, they're okay, but I like the "random" aspect of radio more.  I like to be surprised by what comes on next.   laugh

As to Claire, Sirius is just killing her show IMHO, by putting her on so late and only 3 days a week.  By the time she comes on tonight, the race will be pretty much old news.  That just stinks for her and her listenrs IMHO...

Cehryl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: