November 24, 2017, 04:33:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nice Article About Barney Hall  (Read 738 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: February 15, 2009, 11:30:34 AM »

Here's a nice article about Barney calling his 40th Daytona 500 today.  I read his autobiography a couple of years ago and it was excellent.  I can't tell you how much I love the soothing tones of Barney's voice on MRN compared to the shrieking we get on TV:

http://www.racingone.com/article.aspx?artnum=47408

Cheryl
super61
Grizzled Veteran

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 04:52:27 PM »

Barney, by far, is the best there is.  i miss eli gold, but like cheryl said, you know how smooth the coverage is. i think the tv folks could really learn alot from the radio guys on how to sell a show.

ken

never under estimate what an angry mob can accomplish
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 02:29:21 PM »

Barney, by far, is the best there is.  i miss eli gold, but like cheryl said, you know how smooth the coverage is. i think the tv folks could really learn alot from the radio guys on how to sell a show.

Too many of the people on Fox are busy selling themselves and souvenirs to care about the racing anymore. 

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 06:27:25 PM »

I wish I could get MRN more easily where I live.  It is a great alternative to what is happening on TV, especially FOX.

Speaking of which, did you see the Digger cartoon yesterday?  I review it elsewhere on the forum.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 03:45:06 PM »

Too many of the people on Fox are busy selling themselves and souvenirs to care about the racing anymore. 

Cheryl

Amen to all that. I need to find Barney's book some time.

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 05:39:30 PM »

According to the list of MRN stations, the closest affiliates to me are in Santa Clarita on AM 1220 and in San Bernardino on 95.1 FM.  Unfortunately, I can pull in neither station from my address near Long Beach.  So here, it's either satellite radio or nothing.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: