November 24, 2017, 10:36:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yellow Line Penalties  (Read 461 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: February 14, 2009, 12:57:48 PM »

NA$CAR sure seemed to be ultra sensitive over their stupid yellow line rule during the truck race last night.  I've never liked the rule and the fact too much judgment on the part of NA$CAR gets involved in determining penalities. 

Just heard Todd crew chief on XM and he said after getting one penalty, that he thinks Todd wasn't going to back off the second time (which led to the big wreck when he clipped Buescher.  It's sort of a damned if you do, damned if you don't. 

I like Todd, but it sure would've been neat if Terry Cook or JR Fitzpatrick could've won that race.  But glad it was a truck regular that won and not a whacker.   Wink

Cheryl
super61
Grizzled Veteran

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 11:38:42 PM »

yea, they were sure big on that double yellow line deal...matt said everytime he'd pull out of the draft to pass, it was like tossing an anchor out the window. you really needed 3 or more trucks to get a good run.. off to cali next week and no double lines

never under estimate what an angry mob can accomplish
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 06:18:17 PM »

And the double line was supposed to make things easier... Huh?

By the way, Mike Joy has claimed credit for the idea.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 01:23:56 PM »

By the way, Mike Joy has claimed credit for the idea.

Actually I heard Hammond or McReynolds on TV giving credit to Mike, not Mike himself. 

The way I remember it, Michael Waltrip and Ken Schrader started talking about it on Inside Winston Cup after the 1999 Daytona 500...

Cheryl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: