November 25, 2017, 12:41:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TV Odds and Ends  (Read 512 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: February 09, 2009, 04:38:21 PM »

I had on most of the stuff on SPEED on Saturday (while I was cleaning the house).  Can't remember sure which show it was (NASCAR Live or Cup practice), but it was awesome when they lost the audio for a while!  I went from one room to the next and when I turned on the TV, all I heard was the wonderful sounds of race cars.   Grin  Too bad, SPEED got the audio for the announcers working again.  But I think it was Jeff Hammond who laughingly said "that was some of our best work."  Now that was funny!  He obviously knows that some of us get real tired on the incessant chatter.

Also, I couldn't help but notice every single person on every single show went way out of their way to promote the new format of the Shootout.  Way too much rationalizing about how it was a good thing for the manufacturers.  Also, Lou and I were completely appalled at what Kenny Wallace said on Raceday! He was working himself into the typical frenzy about how the new format was a way to pay back the manufacturers.  The problem was in his frenzy, he actually said that Toyota was a "Detroit company."  I really have lost a lot of respect for KW since he got on this show and starts all his sensationalizing with Jimmie Spencer.

Cheryl
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 06:25:02 PM by Cheryl » Logged
super61
Grizzled Veteran

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 05:52:25 PM »

it's amazing how speed has become the media outlet for nascar. for the most part, the coverage was pallatable. spencer just couldn't get the name of the shootout right. and the rationalization was rediculous. just tell us that the sponsor still had a contract for the event. the pole sponsor changed brands. so we came up with this lame idea to keep bud happy. remember, the more times you repeat a lie, the more true it becomes in your eyes.

never under estimate what an angry mob can accomplish
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 06:04:42 PM »

Ken, I couldn't have said it better myself! Smiley

Speed also lost the audio during part of the ARCA race, and the microphone cut out during the national anthem at the Shootout.  So somewhere in there, the power connection was not kept consistent.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Lou
Administrator
Living Legend

I wish my seat at the track was this close!

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 02:09:05 PM »

remember, the more times you repeat a lie, the more true it becomes in your eyes.

I am good looking and rich