November 21, 2017, 07:23:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Actual Race on Saturday  (Read 392 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: February 09, 2009, 01:43:35 PM »

I don't know about anybody else, but I thought there were at least a couple drivers out there who seemed out of control to me Saturday night.  This "slam" drafting is really out of control IMHO...I've never liked it and still don't.  I'm just thankful nobody got hurt, but there were still a couple of bad accidents because of impatience or drivers pushing the envelope way too much.  I hate when they get three-wide through several rows; you just know "the best drivers in the world" are not going to be able to keep that up without someone making a mistake and costing a lot of guys. 

As to Joey, Speed and some others that didn't really earn there way into this so-called all-star race, it seems that first wreck solved that problem very quickly.   Wink

Oh yeah, we heard Bobby Labonte on the scanner say something about how he knew he was going to get sent into the wall eventually (he was right).  I think he doesn't like the slam drafting much either...

Cheryl
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 01:52:34 PM by Cheryl » Logged
super61
Grizzled Veteran

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 05:57:15 PM »

at least the boys in the booth pointed out that there were some in the race that had no business being there as they tried to rationalize the new format to the minions. Speed had nowhere to go and i think i am going to love seeing him interviewed all season. he has absolutely no clue. i particularly loved the "guy in front of me comment" from friday's practice wreck

ken

never under estimate what an angry mob can accomplish
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 06:08:49 PM »

And through it all Kevin Harvick went under the radar under the closing laps, when he surged toward the front.  The last-lap pass of Jamie McMurray was magnificent.

Other than that, the race and all its wrecks were predictable.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: