November 21, 2017, 01:22:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Start Times This Season  (Read 447 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: February 05, 2009, 02:32:22 PM »

I was looking on NOL yesterday for any official news of the truck series rule changes (nothing there yet) and saw an article about "broadcast times announced."  Dumb thing is when you went into the article, it didn't list any times except for this Saturday's Shootout.  How dumb is that?  Thankfully, here's some more definititve information in an article by Scene Daily.  Most races are still scheduled for 2 p.m. unfortunately though.  I also love how the networks will list the broadcast start time (pre-race) as if that's the actual race start time, when they all have 1/2 to 1 hour useless pre-race shows.  Nice that this author puts the actual race start times after the "broadcast" start times.  I certainly hope Daytona starts at 3:20 like they list!

http://www.scenedaily.com/news/articles/sprintcupseries/6_NASCAR_Sprint_Cup_races_to_have_earlier_start_times_in_2009.html

Cheryl
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 02:35:07 PM by Cheryl » Logged
super61
Grizzled Veteran

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 03:11:11 PM »

i had read an article about start times and the folks at fox. they would prefer to have all races astart around 4pm est so they have a lead in for the prime time show. his logic is that no one is home in the afternoon on sundays and they wont stay home to "just" watch a race. let's just get them as they come home for dinner and get settled in for the night.

never under estimate what an angry mob can accomplish
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 03:32:09 PM »

i had read an article about start times and the folks at fox. they would prefer to have all races astart around 4pm est so they have a lead in for the prime time show. his logic is that no one is home in the afternoon on sundays and they wont stay home to "just" watch a race. let's just get them as they come home for dinner and get settled in for the night.

It comes down to these TV types still having no clue about race fans after 8 years now!  They seem to only care about attracting fringe fans instead of keeping the solid viewers they already have.  As we've always said, I wonder what percentage of "flavor of the week" viewers actually stick around and become long-time fans/viewers as opposed to the number of diehard fans they've lost because of the limited coverage of all drivers and later start times?

Cheryl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: