November 19, 2017, 05:14:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Good Article on the "Shootout"  (Read 477 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: February 05, 2009, 01:37:23 PM »

I couldn't agree with this guy more!  I personally enjoyed the race a lot more when it was only 8-12 drivers back in the early 90s.  Thankfully, I just read on Jayski that Hornish will not be allowed in the race.  IMHO, Logano, Allmendinger and few others don't belong in there either.

http://www.examiner.com/x-2149-Atlanta-NASCAR-Examiner~y2009m2d4-Is-the-Bud-Shootout-still-an-All-Star-race

Cheryl
super61
Grizzled Veteran

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 03:14:51 PM »

another artilce i read, says if just a 75 lap practice session for 28 teams and come sunday for qualifying you will see those 28 cars in the top 18 spots... what a farce, and i cannot believe that they are still calling this an all-star event?

never under estimate what an angry mob can accomplish
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 05:37:20 PM »

I can't believe that the reward for making the Budweiser Shootout is gone.  With the new format, the best thing to do might be to treat it as a track meet or a swim meet, keep manufacturers' points, and award a trophy to the winning "team."

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
shawn
Legend

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 12:39:15 AM »

NASCAR bans testing, but allows 28 teams, all of which were big teams a 75 lap test session which also pays them $$$

Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 06:31:20 PM »

In the spirit of my last post on the subject, here are the "standings" from the Bud Shootout.  I went back to the final race results and awarded "points" to the drivers based on the NASCAR scoring system and added together all seven of the scores for each make:

1. Chevrolet - 979 points
2. Ford - 908 pts.
3. Dodge - 844 pts.
4. Toyota - 770 pts.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: