November 20, 2017, 03:02:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Interview with Fox Executive  (Read 507 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: January 30, 2009, 04:55:08 PM »

This guy wants the races to start even later?  Ugh!  Thank goodness BF hasn't given into that one yet!

http://hamptonroads.com/2009/01/fox-boss-defends-starting-times-rips-bruton-and-questions-nascar

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 06:06:37 PM »

My fear is also for later starting times for races.  This will pressure tracks to add lights even if it is not in their plans.  Also, there would be more Saturday night races, which could end the short-track scene as we have known it. Sad

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Lou
Living Legend

I wish my seat at the track was this close!

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 06:15:43 PM »

Reading stuff like this from the guy in charge of half the season's broadcasts makes me ill and knocks my enthusiasm level down even further than it had dropped to over the last few years. The only thing I agreed with was the dislike of Bruton's dumb idea of blackouts.

Maybe this will finally cause me to get up off my ass and couch on Sundays and do something productive instead. I've got plenty of socks to sort. Or I could learn a foreign language. Or take up knitting. Heck maybe we should all come up with alternative to watching Fox that we can share with each other....

Lou
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 06:17:18 PM by Lou » Logged

Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 06:59:30 PM »

Reading stuff like this from the guy in charge of half the season's broadcasts makes me ill and knocks my enthusiasm level down even further than it had dropped to over the last few years.

The top Fox executives are part of the reason they keep trying to force NA$CAR into the typical sports "model."  This guy using the work "bye" to in reference to racing makes me want to puke...These suits never have and never will realize racing is now like all the stick and ball sports, no matter how much they'd like to make it. Roll Eyes

Cheryl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: