November 19, 2017, 06:58:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: All-Star Showdown updates  (Read 510 times)
Desmond
All-Star

« on: January 24, 2009, 08:09:40 PM »

With the entire card scheduled for last night postponed until today, and with Speed altering its scheduled live coverage due to conflicts, go to this website to follow qualifying, last chance, and the Super Late Model race:
http://localracing.nascar.com/node/1935

Specifically, the Super Late Model race is now on tape delay at about 2 a.m. Eastern time tomorrow, and the qualifying and last chance heats are off of TV.

UPDATE: The Super Late Model race has been pushed back to a night start after the 250-lap main event, and Speed may show it live after all.  However, rain continues to fall off and on and practices have been stopped.  Qualifying will not take place according to the revised schedule, which is here:
http://localracing.nascar.com/node/1924

(All times are Pacific, three hours minus Eastern.)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 11:42:49 PM by Desmond » Logged

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 12:54:20 PM »

I'm sure the race track promoter did something to entice Hornaday, Logano and Crafton to run in the race Saturday night.  I just hate when these guys do stuff like this and two out of three certainly wrecked havac on the Camping World regulars.  Hornaday decimated about half the field with 2-3 moves, but was never penalized.  Then the win was taken away from Logano for taking out Peyton Sellers on the last lap.  Just more inconsistency from NA$CAR when it comes to "superstas" IMHO...I was glad to see a Camping World regular (Kobyluck) win, but if they didn't penalize Hornaday for wrecking Ickler, Bayne and others who were leading early in the race, it shows their typical inconsistency to do it to Logano...Because I really didn't see any difference between Hornaday sliding up into Ickler than Joey sliding up into Peyton...

I was sure hoping Trevor Bayne could've won that race.  It would've gone a long way to him getting noticed by another team.  After battling back from 28th, at least he did cycle up to 2nd after they DQ'd Joey and hopefully that will help a bit.  From his time in USAR, I've seen that he is very talented.

Cheryl
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 01:01:17 PM by Cheryl » Logged
super61
Grizzled Veteran

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 05:57:03 PM »

finally got to watch the race late last night. hornaday hit everything but the lottery. we have seen that there is no consistency in nascar's enforcement of the rules, so to me it was not a surprise.

congrats to matt

never under estimate what an angry mob can accomplish
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 06:05:59 PM »

finally got to watch the race late last night. hornaday hit everything but the lottery. we have seen that there is no consistency in nascar's enforcement of the rules, so to me it was not a surprise.

congrats to matt

Interestingly, I don't remember seeing a shot of Crafton's car (#45) on the live telecast.  Most of the others were on screen at least once.

As for Hornaday, shame on him for not showing more respect for the younger drivers he competed against.  And Logano should also know about racing karma in case he and Sellers are in close quarters at a future race.  It could happen in the ex-Busch series sooner than you think...

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
super61
Grizzled Veteran

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 06:44:59 PM »

let me add on.....
congrats matt kobyluck

never under estimate what an angry mob can accomplish
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: