November 25, 2017, 02:53:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Toyota All-Star Showdown  (Read 779 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: January 22, 2009, 08:33:23 PM »

Just a program reminder that the race weekend in Irwindale, CA starts tomorrow night with qualifying events at 10:00 p.m eastern and the actual race will be live at 10 p.m. Saturday night, both on SPEED channel.  Don't miss your chance to get your stock car racing fix from this great short track!

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2009, 09:48:09 AM »

Well, as many of you know, it did rain in southern California.  All qualifying and the 150-lap super modified race were canceled. Sad

Everything will be shown later today, with the super-mod race coverage pushed back until after the 250-lap main event.  Coverage won't end until about 4 a.m. Eastern time on Sunday.  Qualifying and last-chance race now will not be televised, unless there's a streaming-video feed I don't know about.  Then again, it's probably not on NASCAR.com, knowing that site.

I'm perturbed by how Speed handled the situation.  After only five minutes and two interviews - one of which was with Ricky Carmichael, latest subject of NASCAR media hype - the network went off the air.  Mike Joy and Phil Parsons should have stayed on to discuss the race format, and at least one feature story profiling driver(s) should have been aired in about a 30-minute window until the sign-off of coverage.  And if there was indeed practice, at least consider covering that.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
super61
Grizzled Veteran

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2009, 01:35:52 AM »

not to pick, but super modifieds are not participating in the Toyota All Star Shootout at Irwindale. SUPER LATE MODELS are running a 150 lap feature event, prior to the 250 lap West Series feature, followed by the 75 lap late model feature. see my aviatar picture to see a SUPERMODIFIED.

hope they get this thing in tonight

never under estimate what an angry mob can accomplish
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2009, 07:46:44 PM »

Is it over yet??

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2009, 12:28:44 AM »

Really sad that the speedway cut short both the Late Model races.  Those were simply a joke!  They should've held them over and run them on Sunday.

Cheryl
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2009, 05:29:36 PM »

Oh yeah, I was REALLY disappointed in Mike Joy and Phil Parson's commentary when it came to Hornaday's moves.  It's like they did everything they could to not attribute blame to the veteran driver.  Is everything on TV now the "no blame" philosophy (like the "no losers" in children's sports these days)?   Roll Eyes

Cheryl
super61
Grizzled Veteran

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2009, 05:52:18 PM »

i was thinking the same thing, but Ickler and Joe Shear, Jr. summed it up best. Honraday lost the respect of alot of people saturday night

ken

never under estimate what an angry mob can accomplish
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2009, 06:08:20 PM »

Ken, no big deal.  I just read "super late model" as "super modified."

Good luck to you this season if you are again involved in the super mods.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: