November 20, 2017, 06:32:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nationwide Promotion  (Read 307 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: January 21, 2009, 04:26:43 PM »

I've seen conflicting reports on this promotion by Nationwide.  On XM last night, I'm pretty sure Claire said that Buschwhackers who run the entire series are still eligible for these bonuses, but what Jayski has today says it's excludes Cup drivers.  This article from Scene Daily says Bowyer, Edwards and Busch would still be eligible.  As usual, it will probably just be a token program to look like they are helping the Busch regulars.  I also read yesterday that Memphis is offering "Memphis ribs for life" to get Earnhardt to run the Busch race there, so that really defeats the purpose too IMHO.  That's one of the few races a Busch regular has a chance to win and the track wants to get more whackers there?   Roll Eyes

http://www.scenedaily.com/opinions/blogs/leemontgomery/Extra_25K_nothing_to_sneeze_at_in_Nationwide_Series_.html

Edit:  This is what the press release on NOL says, so it sounds like the Whackers ARE eligible, so Jayski's news item is wrong:

"CONCORD, N.C. -- NASCAR's Nationwide Series drivers will get a shot at some extra money this season with the series sponsor's new four-race "Dash for Cash" program.

Eligible drivers include those who race full time in the second-tier series, including Cup Series regulars, as well as drivers who run a partial Nationwide schedule but do not also race in Cup.

If any of the eligible drivers win the Nationwide races at Nashville, Kentucky, Iowa or Memphis, they will collect a $25,000 bonus. The eligible driver with the most points from those four events will receive another $50,000."

Cheryl
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 07:47:07 PM by Cheryl » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: