November 25, 2017, 06:54:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Possible Changes to Truck Series?  (Read 1114 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: January 20, 2009, 07:29:42 PM »

I'll admit I'm WAY behind on the news lately.  Was sick most of last week and on Saturday, so I didn't read a lot of stuff until today.  This may be really old news, but this is quite interesting.  Kind of taking a step backward if you ask me.  From Scene Daily:

http://www.scenedaily.com/news/articles/truckseries/NASCAR_officials_meet_with_Truck_teams_consider_options_to_save_owners_money.html

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 06:09:47 PM »

I understand that the truck series had a halftime break in its early years.  When that happened, one car would often dominate the field.  So, needless to say, I don't want to see that rule again.

Spec engines could work, though.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2009, 06:15:42 PM »

I understand that the truck series had a halftime break in its early years.  When that happened, one car would often dominate the field. 

I don't remember it that way.  Maybe I have selective memory, but it sure seemed like we had more different winners back in the old days. 

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2009, 06:16:41 PM »

I understand that the truck series had a halftime break in its early years.  When that happened, one car would often dominate the field. 

I don't remember it that way.  Maybe I have selective memory, but it sure seemed like we had more different winners back in the old days. 

Cheryl

I meant to say that there was a greater chance of a wire-to-wire winner in the days of the halftime break.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
shawn
Legend

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2009, 08:55:13 PM »

Why not limit the # of crew members that can go over the wall, or say you can only change 2 tires on a pit stop and no fuel, or change no tires and take fuel only.

super61
Grizzled Veteran

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2009, 09:56:24 PM »

shawn, i think that is the road they are going. i say use the USAR rules for pitting, tires on one stop , then fuel the next go round.

never under estimate what an angry mob can accomplish
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2009, 01:12:17 AM »

shawn, i think that is the road they are going. i say use the USAR rules for pitting, tires on one stop , then fuel the next go round.

Oh God, I hope they don't do that!   laugh  USAR has used that for two seasons and as a savvy race fan, I still have a hard time following who has pitted for tires, etc.  I know the truck teams need to save money, but I'd rather they just limit the number of guys who can over the wall or something.

Cheryl
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2009, 02:47:39 PM »

I heard on XM yesterday that Wayne Auton is suppose to announce something about the changes this week.  Here's another story on it from Scene Daily:

http://www.scenedaily.com/news/articles/truckseries/NASCAR_still_considering_cost-cutting_measures_to_Truck_series_.html

Cheryl
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2009, 07:33:04 PM »

I'm way behind, too. Has there been an announcement regarding any changes? Huh?

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2009, 08:30:40 PM »

I'm way behind, too. Has there been an announcement regarding any changes? Huh?

Nope, nothing official from NASCAR yet.  Although all the media keep reporting it as if it's a done deal.  Allen Bestwick has Mike Helton on NASCAR Now last night and he said they are still working it out with the truck owners and something would be coming out "soon."

Cheryl
super61
Grizzled Veteran

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2009, 09:07:46 PM »

10-12 guys only at the track, that includes, driver, owner, crew chief, spotter, 5 guys total over the wall, fuel and tires on different stops. full field could be cut back to 30 and the "locked" in feature going away.. just my 2 cents

never under estimate what an angry mob can accomplish
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2009, 05:09:53 PM »

Anybody ever actually see an official announcement of the rule changes on pitstops and crew members?  I still haven't seen it "officially" announced anywhere, but TV and the print media act like it's official.  Anyway, here's another interesting thing about a severe penalty if anyone messes with the "sealed" engines:

http://www.scenedaily.com/news/articles/truckseries/Mess_with_a_sealed_engine_Be_ready_for_100-point_penalty_and_more.html

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2009, 06:05:40 PM »

The changes were mentioned on the Speed telecast of practice yesterday, so it is official now.

Among the changes: only 12 people per team per race, including driver and crew; on pit stops, you can change tires or add fuel, but not both; the same (unsealed) engine cannot be used in more than three straight races, unless one of them is Daytona or Talladega.

Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2009, 06:17:18 PM »

The changes were mentioned on the Speed telecast of practice yesterday, so it is official now.

Uh, I guess I was expecting to see a press release on the "official" site of NA$CAR or something like that.  You know NOL... Roll Eyes

Cheryl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: