November 17, 2017, 10:18:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: daytona in trouble???  (Read 535 times)
super61
Grizzled Veteran

« on: January 16, 2009, 08:46:37 PM »

information has been shared with me that there are only 36 entries filed for the 2009 daytona 500. and for the truck series, considerations are being made to lower the full field number to 32 from 36.  the current economy not helping, but adding to that is the top 35/top 30 in owner points thing biting nascash in the ass.

never under estimate what an angry mob can accomplish
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2009, 08:55:40 PM »

I don't see less cars as a real problem.  Especially at the restrictorplate tracks and short tracks.  IMHO, Bristol was a helluva lot better when they only started 32-36 cars there.  Daytona might actually have less "big ones" with a few less inexperienced drivers.   Cheesy

Cheryl
super61
Grizzled Veteran

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2009, 11:44:06 PM »

i agree about the smaller fields at the bigger tracks and even at bristol, but you dont think nascash will ever let this happen, at this point i should be able to get a license for short tracks and make some money before the end of summer to pay for a grand caymans retirement

never under estimate what an angry mob can accomplish
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2009, 07:25:23 PM »

I agree with you, Cheryl. 43 cars is probably 8 or 10 too many as far as I am concerned.

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2009, 05:41:42 PM »

Believe me, there will be a full field of 43 at the Daytona 500.  A number of smaller teams plan to show up, like owner/drivers Jeremy Mayfield, Robert Richardson Jr., and Kirk Shelmerdine.  Also, the new Point Motorsports(?) has hired Terry Labonte.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: