November 21, 2017, 01:20:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Airplane Crash in NYC  (Read 586 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: January 16, 2009, 04:05:50 PM »

Man!  Talk about a miracle for those folks that no one was seriously injured.  Awesome that the ferries were so quick to respond and get everyone to safety.  That pilot is a real hero in my book!  I'm thinking his military background helped him keep a level head and be able to successfully "ditch" the plane in the Hudson River. 

IF I ever fly again, I want him as my pilot.   Grin

Cheryl
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 04:08:25 PM by Cheryl » Logged
shawn
Legend

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2009, 05:09:33 PM »

that pilot did a great job and its even better that everyone survived.

Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2009, 05:44:10 PM »

I first heard about the crash while waiting to watch the farewell address of President George W. Bush.  I was stunned to hear the outcome.

The footage reminded me of Air Florida Flight 90, which happened in 1982.  That plane also went down in an icy river, and no one survived. Cry  Quite the opposite of what occurred yesterday.

By the way, the pilot's name is Chesley Sullenberger.  Want to bet New York City will give him a ticker tape parade? Wink

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2009, 06:29:18 PM »

The footage reminded me of Air Florida Flight 90, which happened in 1982.  That plane also went down in an icy river, and no one survived.

Actually 4-5 people DID survive that...

Cheryl
super61
Grizzled Veteran

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2009, 08:32:13 PM »

absolutely amazing job by the pilot to land that plan and make sure everyone was safe and off the plane.

never under estimate what an angry mob can accomplish
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: