November 18, 2017, 03:23:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tim McCreadie Injured at Chili Bowl  (Read 486 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: January 16, 2009, 04:04:13 PM »

I know Shawn either knows Tim personally and/or is a fan of his.  This sounds bad, so hopefully he will recover.  There's a guy on XM right now talking about how bad the wreck was and how he broke his back. 

From Jayski:

"McCreadie injured at Chili Bowl: Earlier Wednesday, 2006 Chili Bowl champion Tim McCreadie was injured in a crash during a preliminary event of the Chili Bowl in Tulsa, OK [chilibowl.com]. McCreadie, 34, was leading a qualifying semifinal when something broke in his car's rear end. The car flipped violently and went over a fence. Examinations at a Tulsa hospital showed a fractured T3 vertebra and other damage. He was fitted for neck and back brace Thursday and was expected to consult with Dr. Terry Trammell, the renowned Indianapolis orthopedic surgeon. McCreadie won the 2006 World of Outlaws late model series championship. Although he has spent much of his career racing on dirt, in 2007 McCreadie competed in six NASCAR Nationwide Series events for Richard Childress Racing. Efforts were being made to set up a fund to assist McCreadie, who has no medical insurance, and offers of assistance with expenses have already started to come in from the racing community. For now, donations can be made to the U.S. Auto Club and sent to USAC c/o Tim McCreadie Support Fund, USAC, 4910 West 16th Street, Speedway, Ind. 46224.(Charlotte Observer)(1-15-2009)"

Cheryl
shawn
Legend

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2009, 05:07:59 PM »

I don't personally know Tim, but am a fan of is.  It doesn't sound like he'll need surgery, just going to be out of commision for 2+ months.  Rumor going around is that he doesn't have insurance, which in this day I don't see why a race car driver wouldn't.

Here is a link to the flip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chOMoL1KqXA

Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2009, 05:47:02 PM »

GET WELL, TIM!

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
super61
Grizzled Veteran

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2009, 08:34:49 PM »

quite a violent flip. it shows how far racing safety has come. as for the insurance, professional racers are fools for not having it. yes i know that it is not cheap but it is worth not having?

never under estimate what an angry mob can accomplish
shawn
Legend

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2009, 09:56:12 PM »

quite a violent flip. it shows how far racing safety has come. as for the insurance, professional racers are fools for not having it. yes i know that it is not cheap but it is worth not having?

I agree, especially since his father has had some nasty wrecks during his career and broke his back multiple times. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: