November 18, 2017, 04:50:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ASK.com and Bobby LaBonte news  (Read 584 times)
Lou
Living Legend

I wish my seat at the track was this close!

« on: January 14, 2009, 04:20:01 PM »

ASK.com is new "official search engine of NASCAR".

Bobby LaBonte to drive the #96 ASK.com car.

http://www.onebadwheel.com/blogs/nascar_press_releases/2009/01/14/ask-dot-com-enters-nascar-with-multi-faceted-partnerships/

Here's what you get when you ask ASK.com - "Will Bobby LaBonte ever win another race?"

http://www.ask.com/web?q=Will+Bobby+LaBonte+ever+win+another+race%3F&search=search&qsrc=0&o=0&l=dir

Lou

shawn
Legend

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 04:32:20 PM »

I feel much better knowing that there is now an "official search engine of NASCAR"

Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 04:54:18 PM »

I feel much better knowing that there is now an "official search engine of NASCAR"

Haha!  Seems like the last time they had something like this it was Lycos, wasn't it?  And we all know where they are today... Wink

I don't know that I feel too good about Bobby being aligned with Yates, since they have struggled so much the last five years. 

Cheryl
shawn
Legend

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 10:49:20 PM »

True, but Petty Enterprises really hadn't been setting the world on fire either.  Also, I thought for being un sponsored for the majority of the year they ran pretty good.  Both cars finished higher then some teams that had full year sponsorships

Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2009, 09:08:27 PM »

Also, I thought for being un sponsored for the majority of the year they ran pretty good.  Both cars finished higher then some teams that had full year sponsorships

Excellent point, Shawn!  I'd forgotten about that!

Cheryl
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2009, 02:21:53 PM »

From Jayski:

"Gilliland out? David Gilliland appears to be the odd man out at Yates Racing, where the team says it will field three cars following its new partnership agreement with Hall of Fame Racing. Along with Paul Menard’s #98 [which supposedly would get the owners points from the #38] and Bobby Labonte’s #96, Travis Kvapil’s #28 team is expected to remain while Gilliland and the #38 appear to be out. “I just heard of the thing today, from the Internet, so that’s what I assume,” Gilliland said Wednesday afternoon. “I haven’t actually had a sit-down with them, but I’m still under contract with them through 2009. So we’re just going to have to work through it, and hopefully, we can get something else going.” Gilliland said he’s sorting through the contract and seeing what he’s able to do and what the next step could be, but he understands that the current economic climate makes it tough. He was “a little bit” shocked that he is now likely without a ride just a few weeks before the Daytona 500 and the start of the new Sprint Cup season. “It’s just kind of a bummer that it’s this late in the [offseason], you know?” he said. “We’ll just have to see what we can come up with and see what we can try and do.”(SceneDaily)(1-15-2009)"

David seems like a nice guy, but he was really rushed to Cup way too quickly.  I don't think he was to blame for all the incidents he's been involved in; he just seems to be the guy in the "wrong place at the wrong time" quite often.  But I have never thought Menard was ready for Cup so quickly either, but bringing "your Daddy's money" seems to be the way to do it these days.

Cheryl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: