November 21, 2017, 05:34:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Verizon Buys Alltel Wireless  (Read 1338 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: January 12, 2009, 03:32:33 PM »

This is interesting...Who exactly will be sponsoring the 12 car this year?  I can't remember, but I thought Alltell's grandfathering had run out.

http://www.networkworld.com/news/2008/060408-verizon-alltel.html?ts0hb=&story=ts_vzal

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2009, 06:05:55 PM »

It is possible that the Verizon-Alltel deal will not close before the end of the season, so the #12 team should be safe for the season.  Even if it changes, NASCAR will probably allow the team to be funded for 2009 before it has to change in 2010.  That's the precedent set by AT&T.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
super61
Grizzled Veteran

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2009, 07:47:35 PM »

with the lack of fully funded teams this year, i am almost positive that the new alltel/verizon will be allowed to continue, setting forth a lawsuit from at&t. nascar really shot themselves in the foot thinking about the bottom line instead of the future of the sport. they built up the sport to function as a business and that business plan is no longer viable.

never under estimate what an angry mob can accomplish
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2009, 06:25:57 AM »

Hello fr om California.  Looks like this deal is another example of the big money stuff ruining the sport. Oh well. Talk to you soon.

Dick

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2009, 02:11:08 PM »

Hello fr om California. 

Haha!  Did you go there to escape the bad weather/freezing cold of the midwest and east coast?   laugh  It was 12 degrees here when I drove to work this morning.  Thankfully no snow here in Maryland though.

Cheryl
super61
Grizzled Veteran

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2009, 08:42:43 PM »

12 degress??? that's a heat wave to the MINUS 12 i left to work with this morning. yes kids minus 12. the only thing that saved us from the snow is the fact that the frigid cold actually helped cover more than 80 of the previously unfrozen lake erie. heat wave on saturday. high of 20.

now back to the verizon deal. the new ceo fully understands that verizon WILL NOT be on a cup car at any point during this season and the only thing helping will be the yearlong transition from alltel to verizon

Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2009, 09:57:27 AM »

Verizon Wireless will be on the N'wide series car instead.  The driver is Justin Allgaier.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2009, 12:31:00 AM »

I saw that Penske had Verizon on their car in the 24 Hours of Daytona race.

Cheryl
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2009, 09:38:19 PM »

Hello fr om California. 

Haha!  Did you go there to escape the bad weather/freezing cold of the midwest and east coast?   laugh  It was 12 degrees here when I drove to work this morning.  Thankfully no snow here in Maryland though.

Cheryl

Yes I did, well, to see the kids and grandkids too. But, it didn't turn out too well. The weather was fine, but the boss lady fell and broke her shoulder.  Surgery tomorrow. Could have been worse.

William James
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2009, 10:10:43 PM »

Yes I did, well, to see the kids and grandkids too. But, it didn't turn out too well. The weather was fine, but the boss lady fell and broke her shoulder.  Surgery tomorrow. Could have been worse.

Oh my!  I'm so sorry to hear that!  Please tell Roberta we are thinking of her and hope everything goes well with the surgery.

Cheryl
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2009, 01:05:29 AM »

Thanks. Talk to you in a day or two.

Dick

William James
super61
Grizzled Veteran

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2009, 05:23:22 AM »

have you noticed that verizon is missing from the new alltel ad on tv? i had to watch it a second time to catch it. i was wondering how that ad campaign would go

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: