November 23, 2017, 08:33:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NASCAR 39/10 review  (Read 421 times)
Desmond
All-Star

« on: January 09, 2009, 06:13:39 PM »

Speed debuted NASCAR 39/10 on Wednesday and Thursday.  The limited series consists of 30 hours of re-packaged race coverage, divided into 10 three-hour episodes.  Each episode covers all the races in a particular month.  The February races were on Wed. and the March races on Thur.

Here's what I think of the shows so far:
*Brilliant editing of film and videotape footage of the races
*Adam Alexander introduced the segments well
*Great use of behind-the-scenes interviews for additional perspective

On the other hand:
*Too much preview material for a "review" show
*Episodes are too long

The T. Taylor Warren feature almost made me cry, knowing that he died in October and we'll never see him at Daytona again. Cry

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 05:27:58 PM »

I recorded one episode of this show last week when I was home sick (month of April races).  I tried to watch it, but the beginning was nothing but a complete rebroadcast of Raceday and then the opening from the Fox telecast.  Couldn't stomach all the talking heads (Spencer/K. Wallace, DW), so I deleted it after ff'ding through a lot of it.  If there was anything from NASCAR Images in there, it was too far in to hold my attention.

Cheryl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: