November 21, 2017, 07:20:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: jennerstown speedway/southern national speedway  (Read 521 times)
super61
Grizzled Veteran

« on: January 07, 2009, 02:51:19 AM »

another big named raceway will shutter it's doors for the 2009 season. there is nothing listed yet on the track's website, but we have been told that our series will not be attending as tentatively scheduled. they have had some problems the past few seasons, just hope they can hang on and reopen this legendary track.

edit: was just notified that southern national speedway in kenly, nc is for sale and will not open except for maybe a few touring events
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 02:56:24 AM by super61 » Logged

never under estimate what an angry mob can accomplish
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 01:37:30 PM »

Yeah, we heard about both those things too. 

Jennerstown seems to have been on life support the last couple of years.  The guy who bought it 2-3 years ago certainly hasn't done anything with it.  When we went there last July, everything was very run down and the crowd was really down.

As to Kenly, someone was suppose to have bought it from driver Kirk Leone last fall, but when it was damaged by the tornado down there (reportedly a $1 million in damages), I have a feeling the deal fell through.  So Leone is still the owner.  That place gets awesome crowds, so I doubt it's really in danger of closing.  But what do I know?   Huh?

Cheryl

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: