November 19, 2017, 10:41:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Good Article From Ed Hinton  (Read 353 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: January 02, 2009, 02:29:15 PM »

Hinton has his own top-10 stories from 2008 which have much less positive spin on them that the rest of the media.  I especially likes how he points out how NA$CAR got too big, too fast:

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/nascar/columns/story?columnist=hinton_ed&id=3802144

Cheryl
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2009, 05:14:54 PM »

Now that is a very good article. Kudos to Ed Hinton. I personally hope that he is correct about the possibility of a leaner, more down to earth Nascar. He is correct about the teams "getting by" when the big 3 pulled out in the 70's, (actually the pull out started as far back as 1957, but was violated openly by some manufacturers).  As I have said before, I lost interest back when it was basically a GM show. Bill Elliott and the Yates boys got my glands flowing again.

SOMETHING good MAY come out of all this, I hope.

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2009, 07:23:57 PM »

If the economic meltdown results in a greater emphasis on driver skill and ingenuity in the garage, NASCAR and its teams may end up better for the experience.  But if the insistence continues on the old model, the sport as we know it is over.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: