November 19, 2017, 12:00:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mansfield Closing!  (Read 676 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: December 18, 2008, 01:27:06 PM »

Oh man!  Lou and I have been to Mansfield every year since 2003 for the USAR races.  While we knew the track was in some financial trouble, I just can't believe this!  I've never heard of NA$CAR pulling a race date after it was announced... Cry

http://www.mansfieldnewsjournal.com/article/20081217/NEWS01/81217027

Cheryl
cowboy271
Grizzled Veteran

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2008, 04:22:21 AM »

I don't really know what else to say other than that sux!  I scan the headlines daily searching  for some uplifting  news about racing, but it all seems to be "doom and gloom" lately Cry  BTW, happy birthday Cheryl!!  Mine was Friday, the 12th and I'm almost over it:)

I'm keeping with NASCAR's theme.."Idiot of Tomorrow" so Speedcouch needs a new resident idiot.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2008, 01:08:02 PM »

BTW, happy birthday Cheryl!!  Mine was Friday, the 12th and I'm almost over it:)

Hahahaha!  Thanks, James!

Cheryl
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2008, 03:59:31 PM »

Yes indeed, Happy birthday to each of you .

Too bad about Mansfield, particularly since they had to close it. Just to add insult to injury, they are having another big ice storm up there this morning, (it is just raining here).

Hate to be so negative, but I have a hunch this is just beginning to affect racing, and a whole bunch of other things. I'm really interested in seeing what happens with all the high rollers at the Barrett-Jackson Auction in Phoenix next month. Time will tell.

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
shawn
Legend

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2008, 06:04:22 PM »

I'm really interested in seeing what happens with all the high rollers at the Barrett-Jackson Auction in Phoenix next month. Time will tell.

I was thinking the same thing about the b-j auction.  With everyone's stocks in the toilet and all the major industries struggling, wonder how many of the high rollers will be out there spending money. 

Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2008, 06:20:08 PM »

This is a complete bummer.  Mansfield was very distinctive of all the major-series tracks.  It was small and had that "hometown feel" that could not be found on the truck, Cup, or Busch schedules.

God bless the track organizers and the fans.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: