November 18, 2017, 12:00:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ice Storm in NE  (Read 813 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: December 12, 2008, 08:13:21 PM »

I just saw on Yahoo that there are a lot of power outages in NY and Mass. because of a big ice storm today. Just hoping Shawn and Brian and their families are doing okay.

I'm pretty sure Shawn is in the east, so I think it hasn't affected him (plus he posted earlier so obviously he's got internet connectivity at work or something).   Wink  Just wanted to let you guys known we're thinking about you.

We've had some pretty messed up weather everywhere lately...

Cheryl
shawn
Legend

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 01:29:55 PM »

We were lucky, we are low enough elevation wise so we got all rain.  But, if I head to couple towns over they got all ice and majority of people don't have power.   

Here are some pictures from the local paper:
http://berkshireeagle.mycapture.com/mycapture/enlarge.asp?image=21589732&event=654057&CategoryID=4088

Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2008, 04:35:32 PM »

Oh man, that one with the railroad tracks is awesome!  Thanks for posting the link, Shawn!  Glad to hear you weren't affected though.

Cheryl
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2008, 05:42:41 PM »

Sure is beautiful. Great shot.

I have been thru a few ice storms, and always find them to be a real mixed bag of sheer beauty, on the one hand, and absolute treacherous driving and walking conditions on the other. Usually a bunch of people get hurt trying to walk around these parts. Good luck to the folks in N Y and Mass.

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2008, 06:27:53 PM »

No ice storm here, but there was snow in Malibu, CA and Las Vegas this past week.  Very rare in both cases.

And more bad weather coming to the East Coast this weekend... Sad

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
shawn
Legend

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2008, 10:03:23 PM »

Yep, we are in middle of major snow storm.  Work closed down at 2, snow started little after 12 and by 3 there was 3 inches at the house.  Not sure whats out there now, but it hasn't stopped and we could get close to 12 inches.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: