November 25, 2017, 12:58:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Ride of Their Lives on CMT  (Read 435 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: December 15, 2008, 02:13:19 PM »

I recorded this show on Saturday night and we watched it Sunday morning.  It was pretty good, though there was a lot of interview footage from the Pettys and a few other things that I'd seen earlier this year on a documentary on ESPN, I believe. 

There was a really nice, long piece on Tim Richmond, most of which I'd never seen before and that was great.  I was surprised that he was covered and people like Rusty Wallace and Bill Elliott weren't.  Also, they covered Lee and Richmond Petty, but skipped Kyle competely and only barely mentioned Adam.  Yet, as usual, there were long segments about the Earnhardts.  They could've used a bit of that time to cover a few more drivers. 

One of the funniest things was an interview by Brian Gumble with Dale Earnhardt where he was trying everything to avoid pointed questions about wrecking people.  What was so funny was Bill Elliott sitting next to him with this cynical smile on his face the entire time.  I'd love to have known what he was thinking about at the time.   Grin

Also interesting that Earnhardt, Jr. admitted to racing hard with Gordon "just for show." 

Cheryl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: