November 22, 2017, 05:40:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Toyota Series Truck Championship  (Read 719 times)
cowboy271
Grizzled Veteran

« on: November 15, 2008, 07:09:29 AM »

I was really excited about watching the Truck Championship race between Benson and Hornaday.  When I heard DW was going to be in the booth with Mikey, I made an emergency run to restock the beer fridge to hopefully dull some of the Toyota posturing.....it didn't work.  I was interrupted during the first few laps so missed some of the broadcast (I chose to kill my liver rather than watch the pre-race festivities) and they'd ran about 15 laps.  For about the next 30 laps or so I was wondering what happened to Hornaday but I finally heard Phil Parsons mention he was in second while Benson was 8th or so, and there a few comments about Harvick helping Hornaday once Hornaday got the lead then back to Benson's in-truck cam showing him falling back thru the field due to ill handling.  I really didn't need all the in truck shots as I could hear DW and Mikey covering Benson's regression every corner  I haven't watched much truck racing this year due to the apparent bias towards the Toys and this race broadcast was no different from the BBB to start to the race until the Waltrips began salivating in their mikes over Toyota's championship. 

Beer fridge is empty again...I'll be accepting donations of Alka Seltzer, Aspirin, Pepto-Bismal or good whiskey to live through the weekend.

This broadcast brought unbiased race coverage almost to the level of the BIG networks unbiased political coverage.

James

I'm keeping with NASCAR's theme.."Idiot of Tomorrow" so Speedcouch needs a new resident idiot.
super61
Grizzled Veteran

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2008, 03:08:32 PM »

get a new crew for the booth, that is all i can say, how can they think mikey brings anything other than bloody ears to the booth and then toss in jaws and you have a family reunion gone all wrong

never under estimate what an angry mob can accomplish
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2008, 06:50:10 PM »

I'm with James and Ken, they need to dump everybody in the truck booth except Phil Parsons.  We listened to MRN a LOT Friday night and thankfully, they got rid of DW about halfway through the race.  But Manic Michael was still there, which really makes it impossible for me to listen to the SPEED commentary very long.

Cheryl
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2008, 03:59:35 PM »

AAAAAAAAAMMEN! Sad

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: