November 22, 2017, 11:07:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Camping World to Sponsor Truck Series  (Read 642 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: October 23, 2008, 08:05:38 PM »

Just heard about this from Claire on XM.  Camping World will sponsor the truck series for the next 7 years.  Wow!  That's a big commitment on their part.

Cheryl
shawn
Legend

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 12:22:46 AM »

They will also sponsor Hornaday and the East/West series next year

Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008, 11:42:09 PM »

Thankfully, there is some company out there who loves NASCAR and is willing to put the money out there.  And what a perfect fit, with all the RVs in the infields every weekend. Smiley

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
super61
Grizzled Veteran

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2008, 01:50:03 AM »

there are lots of outs in the contract for them. it will be interesting to see how much exposure they get.. the one thing it shows is that the old guard of thought in "lifetime" advertising in sports in general is long gone...

ken

never under estimate what an angry mob can accomplish
cowboy271
Grizzled Veteran

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2008, 04:09:52 AM »

I find this arrangement very interesting.  I hate to sound like a doomsayer, but I ain't betting the farm on this deal lasting two years, let alone seven.  The RV industry is deep trouble as most other recreational industries are in the current economy.  As Ken pointed out, I'm sure there's a lot on outs in the contract, but the bottom line is met when Camping World can't ante up, the contract's done.  I feel the truck series is in serious trouble with Ford withdrawing support and I seriously doubt Dodge will be around next year.  Chevy's involvement is questionable in my feeble mind and I feel Toyota has made their point and moving on.  Trucks just aren't selling and I can understand strapped manufacturers reluctance to be involved.

I'm keeping with NASCAR's theme.."Idiot of Tomorrow" so Speedcouch needs a new resident idiot.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2008, 03:58:08 PM »

Here's an interesting article from Scene Daily on speculation on what Camping World actually is paying per year (it's really not much at all):

http://www.scenedaily.com/news/articles/truckseries/camping_world.html

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2008, 06:10:43 PM »

So it's just $4 million a year, according to the article.  I'm sure NASCAR wanted a lot more than that, and it's certainly a far cry from the $75 million a year Sprint is paying for the Cup series, from what Nextel agreed to pay in 2003.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: