November 18, 2017, 05:28:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NA$CAR Jumping on Green Bandwagon  (Read 314 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: November 13, 2008, 07:16:02 PM »

In this Q&A from the Scene Daily, it just sounds like they are going through the motions, not really looking to use alternative fuels or anything.  Although I heard they'll be using a Ford hybrid pacecar this weekend at Homestead:

http://www.scenedaily.com/news/articles/sprintcupseries/NASCAR_names_Mike_Lunch_.html

Cheryl
cowboy271
Grizzled Veteran

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 03:24:14 AM »

Thanks for the link Cheryl.  It appears Dr. Mike Lynch graduated Magna Cum Laude from the NASCAR school of doublespeak.  He appeared to avoid answering most every question in the interview directly.  I'm sure Goodyear is shredding tires quickly after a race.  With Goodyear's track record the last couple years; I'm sure they really wouldn't want Hoosier, Goodrich, etc. getting their hands on too many tires.  I applaud Waste Management's initiative in recycling aluminum cans.  The last cans I recycled brought 72 cents per pound, but then Waste Management probably dumped the recyclables in with the rest of the trash and dumped them in the dump (anyway, they've been caught doing that in the real world).

I guess the onset of winter has increased my cynicism to previously unexplored levels.

James

I'm keeping with NASCAR's theme.."Idiot of Tomorrow" so Speedcouch needs a new resident idiot.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: