November 24, 2017, 03:48:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wrecking Only Way To Get Seen on TV  (Read 662 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: November 12, 2008, 03:32:03 PM »

This is an interesting article about the FCC sponsorship of David Gilliland and how they are "glad" he's wrecked in two recent races since they realize that's the only way TV is going to show them.  Of couse either the author or the NC politician that went for the sponsorship doesn't realize that Gilliland is really from California:

http://www.tvpredictions.com/martin111108.htm

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 10:36:48 PM »

Either Kevin Martin is being a realist (after all, the #38 car is inside the top 35, but not in the Chase, so otherwise would get little if any airtime during the races) or is, let's just say, sanity-deficient. Sad

I don't blame Yates Racing for taking the money, but at the same time Martin's political aspirations and the fact that the first all-digital market was in his home state raises lots of questions in my mind.

Also, I wonder if the watchdog group would have a different opinion if it knew that Gilliland is from California, and not North Carolina.  Though I'm sure the team owners have Carolina roots somewhere.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 06:13:03 PM by Desmond » Logged

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 01:17:50 AM »

I'm pretty sure Robert Yates is from North Carolina, but I could be wrong.  His son, Doug, certainly is and he's the majority owner now.

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2008, 06:12:29 PM »

Either Kevin Martin is being a realist (after all, the #38 car is inside the top 35, but not in the Chase, and otherwise would get little if any airtime during the races) or is, let's just say, sanity-deficient. Sad

I don't blame Yates Racing for taking the money, but at the same time Martin's political aspirations and the fact that the first all-digital market was in his home state raises lots of questions in my mind.

Also, I wonder if the watchdog group would have a different opinion if it knew that Gilliland is from California, and not North Carolina.  Though I'm sure the team owners have Carolina roots somewhere.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: