November 25, 2017, 06:54:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "A New Leader..."  (Read 1747 times)
marrtinigirl
Wiley Veteran

« on: August 23, 2004, 03:30:04 PM »

I understand that lead changes are important.  Yes, I want to know when the lead changes, and I want to know who the new leader is.....

But do they really need to restart the damn crawler everytime the lead changes?  Did that bother anyone else?  I mean, it is bad enough that the thing is already distracting me from the race.  But I need to watch it to know how my drivers are doing since they hardly get any camera time....I sit, patiently waiting, missing the action on the track...oh wait, no action, they are focused in on the leader again....watching the crawler....mmm hmmmm, we are up to 17th place now.....BOOM!  A NEW LEADER!!!  And now the crawler is back to the beginning....watching, still don't know where my drivers are.....oh wow, the lead changed back....Oh, yep, start the crawler over one lap later.....Ok, yep, still no action on the track, up to 19th place on the crawler....Oh, pit stops, crawler disappears...Starts up again, ok, getting there....LEAD CHANGE!!!!

I mean, what was NBC thinking?  I spent the majority of the race clueless as to where my guys were because the darn thing kept starting over.

I think that the announcement of the lead change, plus the fact that we can SEE that because the majority of the time the camera is focused solely on the leader, is sufficient.  I don't think we need the crawler restarted everytime, especially when the lead changes back a lap later....

OY!

Staci
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2004, 04:29:46 PM »

Staci,

Just wait until we get to Talladega :lol:

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2004, 05:08:34 PM »

Staci- I found that to be a bit irritating. The crawler always seemed to stop just before it got to the driver I was looking for.

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
ronbarnes77
Legend

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2004, 06:35:47 PM »

Smiley good point desmond!!!!
sally
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2004, 07:59:39 PM »

Oh good grief!  I didn't even think about 'Dega!  They'll never get past the top5, will they?
Sally
Vivian
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2004, 08:29:35 PM »

I use it to keep track of who goes laps down plus who is in garage and who is just off track.  It is normally always a lap down if it goes through the whole field.  Other than that, I find it just makes the screen smaller but not really a nuisance.  But it is irritating to be reading it and looking for someone just to have it disappear.
derbyit857
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2004, 08:56:11 PM »

As I posted in the other forum, I agree with you also Staci.. ANNOYING
Vivian
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2004, 09:12:15 PM »

A BIG WELCOME to you, Derbyit857.  Please jump in anytime and give us your thoughts and feelings on stuff.  

Smiley
derbyit857
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2004, 05:32:17 PM »

Thanks Vivian..

I've been visiting here for ages but never took the time to register and post!

Great site.
TTYL!
Craig
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2004, 04:16:07 PM »

Craig,

A big welcome from me as well.  I can't wait to see more of your opinions about racing and TV.

Also, please click on the link at the bottom to see my web site.  You can post your opinions at General Chit Chat.  Look for the thread "Buddy Wayne site and comments."

Oh, and what's "TTYL?"

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2004, 05:48:19 PM »

Quote from: "derbyit857"
Thanks Vivian..

I've been visiting here for ages but never took the time to register and post!

Great site.
TTYL!
Craig

Hi Craig!

Thanks for joining in on the discussions!  Sorry, I wasn't "around" to welcome you before this!

Glad to have you on board!

Cheryl
ronbarnes77
Legend

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2004, 06:38:40 PM »

hey welcome craig  we need more men on this site!!
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2004, 01:37:38 PM »

Quote from: "Vivian"
I use it to keep track of who goes laps down plus who is in garage and who is just off track.  It is normally always a lap down if it goes through the whole field.  Other than that, I find it just makes the screen smaller but not really a nuisance.  But it is irritating to be reading it and looking for someone just to have it disappear.

I couldn't agree with Staci and Vivian more!  I noticed the damn
"new leader" thing during the Busch race last weekend.  Do they think the coveted "new fans" are that short attention span that they have to put up a flashing banner when we can see the lead change and they are already telling us about it verbally?Huh?  I guess they assume the fans are watching track pass or whatever that crap is on their computers and miss what's actually occuring on the screen.

I also hate that it is just more "stuff" on the screen detracting from the amount of visible space for the racing.  I tell ya, after listening to races on MRN the last few months, it really brings home how much we miss on TV.  I've always preferred the "field rundowns" that MRN does every so often.  It's kind of like what Staci suggested about having them "read" the rundown to us.  But somehow, MRN always manages to do this during caution periods or when there is a lull in the action.  Maybe if TV wasn't away at commercial so often, they could do this as well.

Speaking of commercials, I know this is a bit off topic for this thread, but I can't help but mention what happened during the truck race Wed.  Lou and I were alternating between scanning the teams, MRN and the SPEED feed on the scanner.  At one point, SPEED missed a restart and FIVE laps afterwards.  When they came back, they blithely just ignored that fact.  Ridiculous...

Cheryl
Lou
Administrator
Living Legend

I wish my seat at the track was this close!

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2004, 08:29:54 PM »

Quote from: "Desmond"
Just wait until we get to Talladega :lol:

We will not be watching the race from Talladega on our TV. We will be going to a "friends" house out of fear that the new ticker will cause damage to our new TV due to the lead changes which will be impossible to keep up with. We don't care if our friends TV blows up.

Lou

p.s. - no Cheryl, I was just joking. We are not going anywhere so stop packing.   Tongue

derbyit857
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2004, 08:41:02 PM »

TTYL = Talk to you later.

Thanks to everyone for the invites.. I really appreciate it.

Desmond - Will check that link..  Thanks..  

I hope to contribute more in the future here now that I am registered..  

Anyone else catch the truck race and the whole "skit" deal at the beginning?  Reminded me of Fox...  Yikes..
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: