November 25, 2017, 10:45:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Neil Bonnett  (Read 602 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: February 11, 2009, 08:49:31 PM »

Saw it mentioned on Jayski this morning, but they were just talking about it on XM, so I wanted to post something.  It was 15 years ago today that Bonnett was killed at Daytona.  I know we've lost a lot of folks in NASCAR, but his death really struck me.  He was my "first" favorite driver from when I started following the sport after watching the Daytona 500 in 1988.  He won the Richmond and Rockingham races that year.  As you all may remember, I was a very big Pontiac fan and he was in the 75 Valvoline Pontiac owned by Raymoc (sp?), so that's why I picked him.   

I still remember not hearing about his crash during practice until they announced it on Nashville Now on TNN that night.  Very sad...

Cheryl
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 04:02:33 AM »

Rodney Orr also died 15 years ago this week at Daytona. I think it was two days after Neil.

Rahmoc.

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2009, 06:00:48 PM »

Neil Bonnett was a very underrated driver and broadcaster.  I have heard nothing but good things about his work from those who watched NASCAR closely in those days.

He was also a friend of Dale Earnhardt and went on a lot of hunting trips with him.

Cry

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: