November 21, 2017, 03:45:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ISC Admits Ticket Sales Are Down  (Read 436 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: October 10, 2008, 02:31:36 PM »

Interesting article from Scene Daily.  Even "hospitality" profits are down.  It's about time!  I read somewhere yesterday, there were like 50,000 empty seats at Talladega last week.  Even ABC couldn't hide that on TV.  The lower sections coming out of turn 4 and the backstretch were really empty; even some of the towers in turn 4, you could see the blue of the painted seats where the sections were so empty.

http://www.scenedaily.com/news/articles/sprintcupseries/_Summer_ticket_sales_drop_10_percent_at_ISC_tracks.html

Cheryl
Benson23Fan
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 03:37:09 AM »

The economy is down, gas prices are through the roof and yes NASCAR has lost a bit its appeal to the mainstream. But the tourist industry where I live (Niagara Falls area) took a major hit this summer, people just can't afford to go places and do things anymore, and I have a feeling its going to worse before it gets better.
super61
Grizzled Veteran

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 11:47:28 AM »

there were a LOT of empty seats at Lowe's on Saturday night. granted na$car has been losing ground, but i think the economy has more to do with the lag in attendance than anything.

ken

never under estimate what an angry mob can accomplish
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: