November 21, 2017, 10:27:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rusty in Broadcast Booth?  (Read 1082 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: August 31, 2004, 04:10:00 PM »

From today's Jayski:

"Rusty on the tube...after? Word on the street is that Rusty Wallace, who Monday announced his retirement from driving, effective end of 2005, may take up television broadcasting when NASCAR renegotiates its network situations for 2007. Sources indicate that Wallace, 48, could have a spot in the booth for one of the networks, although details are not yet clear. NASCAR's current contracts with Fox (through 2008) and NBC/TNT (through 2006) are due for renegotiation.(Speed Channel)(8-31-2004)"

I know we couldn't be so lucky that Fox would hire him to replace you know who, but I can dream.  He'd surely provide more relevant insight into driving than someone who wasn't really competitive since 1995.

Cheryl
Vivian
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2004, 09:12:13 PM »

I will dream right along with you on this.  I think Rusty would be good in the booth.  He is rational and does not change his mind on an ongoing basis when he makes a remark.  IMO.....
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2004, 01:04:11 PM »

More likely Rusty would join the NBC team to replace Benny, which wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing and would just give me more reason to prefer NBC over Fox.  

The powers that be at Fox seemed to think they've created a "cult figure" in DW, so I doubt they will get rid of him anytime soon.   :cry:   Recent racing experience in Cup probably doesn't matter to them at all.

Cheryl
ronbarnes77
Legend

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2004, 03:31:05 PM »

do you think cheryl that rusty would want to be a broadcaster? just wondering
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2004, 03:58:14 PM »

Cheryl, congratulations on 500 posts!  You have a great thing going with Speedcouch; thanks for inviting me.

I think that Rusty will end up on TV if for no other reason except that his brother Kenny is going in that direction.  I'm sure that the sons of Russ Wallace have always been very competitive (and all of them are great interviews).

By the way, how would Kenny Wallace look as a sitcom star?  I'm sorry if this is a repeat from an earlier post, but if so I had no response the first time.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2004, 04:04:09 PM »

Quote from: "ronbarnes77"
do you think cheryl that rusty would want to be a broadcaster? just wondering

Oh yeah, absolutely!  He said that in an interview on Eli Gold's show on MRN last night.  He definitely wants to get into TV.  Eli mentioned "there's always radio and we'd love to have you" and Rusty didn't seem too enthusiastic about that option.  As someone I used to know always said about him "Rusty never met a camera he didn't like" or a microphone...

Cheryl
Vivian
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2004, 07:31:02 PM »

I guess since I don't like sitcom at all (I think it is an insult to my integrity) that if Kenny went that way, I would not watch.  Sorry I didn't respond to that question last time.
ronbarnes77
Legend

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2004, 10:02:24 PM »

okay cheryl thanks for that.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2004, 12:16:05 PM »

Quote from: "Desmond"
Cheryl, congratulations on 500 posts!  You have a great thing going with Speedcouch; thanks for inviting me.

Thanks, Desmond!  I didn't even realized I'd hit 500 until you and Vivian pointed it out.  And thanks SO much for the compliments on the forum.  I agree that we have an excellent group here and hope we continue having many more lively discussions about TV and racing!

Cheryl
ronbarnes77
Legend

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2004, 03:28:26 PM »

cheryl congrats on the being a legend now what comes after that?
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2004, 03:42:21 PM »

Quote from: "ronbarnes77"
cheryl congrats on the being a legend now what comes after that?

Actually I think you reach "Legend" at the 400 post mark.  The next level we set up is "curmudgeon" but I've lost track of what number you have to get to achieve that.  Lou set it up, so maybe he can remember.   :oops:

Cheryl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: