November 23, 2017, 11:27:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: XM/Sirius "Best Of" to Launch 06 Oct  (Read 1108 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: September 22, 2008, 07:59:11 PM »

Just saw this on the dbstalk.com forum.  I believe this will require a $4 month increase if you want the "best of" the other service, but won't require new equipment, but it's not quite clear.  I think I'd be happy to pay $4 more a month if they move Claire to the Sirius NASCAR channel and get rid of some of those opinionated talking heads like Dave Moody.   Wink  So, Dick, I think you may have heard right about getting the "play by play" for the Chase on XM.  This will be good for us when we are traveling back from Hooters races!  It's pretty hard trying to find and keep an MRN station on FM when you are travelling for several hours.  That's the main reason I got XM in the first place.

The Best of Sirius on XM package will include:

Howard Stern (Howard 100, and Howard 101)
Martha Stewart Living Radio
Sirius NFL Radio*
Sirius NASCAR Radio*
Playboy Radio

The Best of XM on Sirius package will include:

Oprah & Friends
NHL Home Ice*
The Virus
Public Radio featuring Bob Edwards
The PGA Tour Network
UPDATED College Sports and NBA were added to the list on the press release

* NHL, NASCAR, NFL offerings will include the play-by-play channels.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 08:05:05 PM by Cheryl » Logged
shawn
Legend

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 12:06:40 AM »

Doesn't look like much for us Sirius folks, but the XM group gets a good package

Lou
Administrator
Living Legend

I wish my seat at the track was this close!

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 03:23:14 PM »

Doesn't look like much for us Sirius folks, but the XM group gets a good package

Oh come now Shawn. Seems pretty even to me.

You're giving us XM'ers a sexual deviant and social derelict, a convicted criminal, an adult channel with no photos.

We're giving you two educational channels (Oprah's book club and talk radio), some sort of medical condition, and a sports channel that is boring on TV and must be really boring on radio. Oh yeah, and hockey.

Evil

Lou

Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 03:33:46 PM »

We're giving you two educational channels (Oprah's book club and talk radio)

I guess I've never considered Oprah "educational..."   Wink  But I read on the A/V forum it was one of the most highly rated stations on satellite.  I just don't understand people watching/listening to that stuff...but millions watch "reality" TV too.   Roll Eyes

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2008, 05:02:32 PM »

I just don't understand people watching/listening to that stuff...but millions watch "reality" TV too.   Roll Eyes

Be careful, my dear.  I'm one of them. Smiley

Right now, I can't decide whether or not to watch The Biggest Loser or Dancing with the Stars tonight.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2008, 05:06:06 PM »

It's an easy choice for me.  I'll watch the season premiere of NCIS tonight.  They don't try to pretend their stories are real.   laugh

Cheryl
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2008, 01:42:45 AM »

I think I'd be happy to pay $4 more a month if they move Claire to the Sirius NASCAR channel and get rid of some of those opinionated talking heads like Dave 

Hey, Hey. Don't you XM'ers start changing things us long time Sirius listeners enjoy Wink

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2008, 01:45:13 AM »

I'm sure you people know this but the NASCAR play by play channels are just the MRN broadcast with the radio tranmissions of that weeks chosen drivers played over it.

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2008, 10:50:09 PM »

Do I gotta pay for Howard and Martha??? I have rather strong, negative feelings toward each of them.

On the other hand, Roberta listens to the Oprah channel frequently and rather likes the Psychobabble stuff (gosh I hope she doesn't read this), that they have on Oprah.

No we don't watch that reality stuff, but I am kinda hooked on CRIMINAL MINDS.  laugh

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2008, 11:36:37 PM »

Do I gotta pay for Howard and Martha??? I have rather strong, negative feelings toward each of them.

Me too, Dick! 

On the other hand, Roberta listens to the Oprah channel frequently and rather likes the Psychobabble stuff (gosh I hope she doesn't read this), that they have on Oprah.

We won't tell her... laugh 

No we don't watch that reality stuff, but I am kinda hooked on CRIMINAL MINDS.  laugh

We like that show too!  I read a lot of mysteries/thrillers, so I enjoy the same kind of stuff on TV. 

Cheryl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: