November 18, 2017, 11:22:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fight after truck series race  (Read 712 times)
Desmond
All-Star

« on: September 16, 2008, 05:21:05 PM »

Did any of you see what happened between Germain-Arnold and Red Horse at the end of the Camping World 200 on Saturday?

That was one of the all-time fights in the history of NASCAR.  Maybe it won't be as much remembered as Cale Yarborough vs. Donnie Allison, but it was something.

Whether, or how, anyone will be punished will be interesting to find out.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 06:18:53 PM »

I heard Claire talk about it on XM last night and then went back and watched my recording of the race to see what happened.  (We were two truck races behind when we got home from the cruise and only had a chance to watch Gateway before the Cup race on Sunday.)

I thought the fight was quite interesting.  Not to bash anyone, but I'm not surprised three teams weren't waiting for Starr when the race was over.  Loved Todd's rational description of Starr's driving during the day.

I'm sure those team members will be suspended and fined, but hopefully not Todd since he had absolutely nothing to do with the fight.  In fact, his slight tap of David on the cool down lap was pretty mild and was just letting him know he didn't appreciate his actions on the track.  I'm glad to see Todd kept his head, even if the rest of his crew didn't.

Cheryl
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 07:49:11 PM by Cheryl » Logged
shawn
Legend

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 11:56:28 PM »

They'll get hit with the 'Actions Detrimental to Stock Car Auto Racing', fined 10k and put on double top secret probation to December 31, 2008

Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008, 03:12:26 PM »

Claire had info on the fines/suspensions last night on her show, including an interview with Hillman, Jr.   He sounded pretty contrite and was particularly embarrassed that his kids asked him why they saw him fighting on TV. Here's what Jayski has about the penalties:

"Three teams penalized for New Hampshire incident: NASCAR announced the #30, #11 and #9 teams that compete in the Craftsman Truck Series have been penalized due to their involvement in a post-race altercation on pit road at New Hampshire Motor Speedway, Sept. 13. Those penalized violated Sections 12-4-A (actions detrimental to stock car racing) and 12-4-F (team members involved in an altercation with another competitor on pit road after the race had concluded). Three crew members have been suspended from the next Craftsman Truck Series event and suspended from NASCAR until Sept. 24, including Mike Hillman Jr., crew chief for the #30 truck driven by Todd Bodine; Mark Hillman, crew member for the #30; and William Divel, crew member for the #11 truck driven by David Starr. Mike Hillman Jr. has also been fined $2,500 and had his NASCAR probation extended through Dec. 31. Both Mark Hillman and Divel have been fined $1,500 and placed on probation until Dec. 31. Starr also has been fined $10,000 and placed on probation until Dec. 31. Richard Gay, crew chief for the #11 truck and Jason Overstreet, crew chief for the #9 truck driven by David Reutimann, have both been fined $1,000 and placed on probation until Dec. 31. Additionally, two crew members Brandon Hopkins for the #30 truck and Tony Jilson for the #9 truck have been placed on probation until Dec. 31. All three owners Steve Germain of the #30; Tom DeLoach of the #11 and Bob Germain of the #9 have had each of their respective teams placed on probation until Dec. 31.(NASCAR PR)(9-17-2008)"

Cheryl
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2008, 03:19:02 PM »

WHAT? No double secret probation?? Or perhaps we just don't know about the probation,....but the Shadow knows,... Grin

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Vivian
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2008, 08:39:57 PM »

Not fining Todd for bumping him on pit road even though it was just minor, just gives the other drivers the idea it will be all right to do that in the future, so I look for more contact on pit road.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2008, 12:27:39 PM »

There's been contact on pit road (and the track) throughout the years and they never used to fine anyone.   Wink

Cheryl
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 12:30:02 PM by Cheryl » Logged
Vivian
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2008, 08:45:58 PM »

Maybe I have been watching different races, but I could have sworn they have fined drivers for bumping others on pit road these past few years.   Wink   Wink
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2008, 05:16:47 PM »

WHAT? No double secret probation?? Or perhaps we just don't know about the probation,....but the Shadow knows,... Grin

Dick, thanks for the mixed pop culture metaphors! Smiley

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: