November 20, 2017, 02:39:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lou & Cheryl's trip photos  (Read 1150 times)
Lou
Living Legend

I wish my seat at the track was this close!

« on: September 17, 2008, 07:22:10 PM »

Here is a link to a batch of photos we took while in the Seattle, Washington portion of our trip. The rest of the photos and locations will be a few more days before I get time to get them sorted and online.

http://picasaweb.google.com/Lou.Lauer/SeattleWashington#

Lou

Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 07:28:27 PM »

Just as an added note to Lou's captions, Ken in the pictures is "Seattle Fan" from the forum or "KenS" who is from my old racing group and that Lou and I first met at North Wilkesboro waaaay back in 1996.  Thanks again Ken and Mary for showing us around Seattle.   Grin

Cheryl
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2008, 09:22:14 PM »

Very nice pics. I have a cousin who lives in Chehallis (sp?) Washington and who would be happy to give us a tour if I can ever get out there.

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
shawn
Legend

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008, 11:49:03 AM »

Very nice pictures.  Seattle looks like a nice place to visit

Lou
Living Legend

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2008, 01:15:34 PM »

Added an album from the next stop on the trip - Juneau, Alaska

http://picasaweb.google.com/Lou.Lauer/JuneauAlaska#

Lou

old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2008, 03:29:39 PM »

Lou, those are really fine shots. Very nice work. What kind of camera are you using again?

P S-- I'm still jealous. I gotta get there.

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Lou
Living Legend

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2008, 05:48:12 PM »

Lou, those are really fine shots. Very nice work. What kind of camera are you using again?

Thanks. You should see the ones on the cutting room floor and then your interpretation of our "skill level" would be greatly lowered :-)

They are a mixture of photos from two cameras. Cheryl uses a Canon PowerShot S5 IS, and I use a Canon Digital Rebel with various lenses.

We work on the volume theory. Take enough photos and a couple are bound to be o.k.

Lou

Vivian
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2008, 09:02:56 PM »

Great, great pictures.  Thank you for sharing.

Seattle and Mt. Rainier bring back a lot of memories.  We used to go fairly often and camp a lot.  I told Don about a month ago it is time for another visit to the mountain.

Juneau looks like fun and the glaciers you saw are very huge and beautiful.  So much up there looks so beautiful and pristine.

I love Lou's captions on the photos!

Thank you again for sharing...

BTW, Lou, I can't zoom in without them pixelating or whatever it does like whenever I try to make an avatar and then view it on zoom....what do I need to do to see them in focus while zoomed in??
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 08:49:10 PM by Vivian » Logged
Lou
Living Legend

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2008, 09:21:35 PM »

BTW, Lou, I can't zoom in without them pixelating or whatever it does like whenever I try to make an avatar and then view it on zoom....what do I need to do to see them in focus while zoomed in??

Beats me Vivian. When I view them, they focus-in within a second or two, even when I click the little magnifier glass thingy. I'm just using the free photo site from Google. Not much I can or did do except put them online and add words.

How fast is your Internet connection? Maybe that makes a difference.

Lou

Lou
Living Legend

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2008, 03:26:03 PM »

I've added another album for the Hubbard Glacier and one for Sitka Alaska should be up by the end of the day. It'd be easier to just go to:

http://picasaweb.google.com/Lou.Lauer

and find the new ones rather than me sending a link to each one as I finish.

Lou

Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2008, 04:55:23 PM »

Thank you for sharing the beauty and splendor of Alaska.  As I wrote last week, going on a cruise is the next goal of mine as far as travel, and Alaska would be as good a place to go as any. Smiley

Oh, and the look on Lou's face in picture 7 of the Hubbard Glacier gallery was priceless! laugh

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2008, 09:31:49 PM »

The new album is great!  That ice is just so beautiful.  Do you know if they have any ice caves to explore anywhere up there?  The colors are always so vibrant and the blue just draws one right into it...I have not been to Alaska, but Don has several times.  The only mountains I have visited that have glaciers are Mt. Rainier and Mt. Shasta but they are nothing like the pictures you shared from your cruise.

Thank you again!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: