November 23, 2017, 07:24:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Claire B. Lang on Channel 148  (Read 925 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: September 17, 2008, 05:49:25 PM »

Since we were out of touch with XM last week, I didn't know until I tuned into Claire's show on Monday that she'd been pre-empted on channel 144 by some Sirius hack sports show.  I had to call into her producer to find out she's now on a special channel and time (3-6 weekdays) on channel 148.  Apparently, the show was so well rated, they found some open bandwidth for her.  I hate to see that Sirius is already starting to affect programming on XM though.   Angry 

I don't think anyone here but me listens to XM besides Dick, but just thought I would post this info FYI.

Cheryl
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 07:03:12 PM »

Thanks. I'll be putting the Mustang (Sirius) away for the Winter in a month or two and driving my old Blazer (XM) again till spring. Glad to hear that XM is keeping Claire on. She clearly is my favorite Nascar talk show type, much better than what I have heard on Sirius.

BTW, Cheryl, have you heard anything about the "Chase" being broadcast on XM? I heard just a bit of a promo Saturday evening in Roberta's car (also has XM). We were looking for a certain football game, (please don't ask), and I thought I heard them talking about the Chase, and it sounded like they were going to put it on XM. I'll check the website and let you know if I find out more.

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2008, 07:15:56 PM »

BTW, Cheryl, have you heard anything about the "Chase" being broadcast on XM?

No, nothing.  I doubt Sirius will give up their exclusive rights to that (even with the merger).  At least until the new price plans come out next year.

As to XM keeping Claire on, apparently her ratings were so high, they had to find a place for her listeners.   Grin  Frankly I'm relieved she's off that annoying "Sports Nation" channel.  They had twice as many commercials with the supposed need for general sports "updates" every 20 minutes.  I can certainly live without that.

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 07:21:48 PM »

Since we were out of touch with XM last week, I didn't know until I tuned into Claire's show on Monday that she'd been pre-empted on channel 144 by some Sirius hack sports show.

Just curious: is it hosted by "Mad Dog" Chris Russo, who was recently fired by WFAN New York, only to land at Sirius?

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
shawn
Legend

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2008, 12:07:27 AM »

For some reason, I think Mad Dog is on 123.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: