November 25, 2017, 08:50:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ESPN Sees Error of Their Ways on MNF  (Read 647 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: September 03, 2008, 01:24:15 PM »

Hopefully someone will figure out they (and Fox) are doing this when it comes to racing as well:

"I think we may have been trying to overdeliver for all audiences and casual fans," said senior coordinating producer." 

Entire article on ESPN claiming they will get back to focusing on football.  Let's hope someone gets a clue on racing as well:

http://www.venturacountystar.com/news/2008/aug/29/no-headline---sc2fccarlislecol29-fc/

Cheryl
shawn
Legend

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 03:43:12 PM »

WOW, actually making football the focus and not all the other stuff.  This just blows my mind.

Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 05:23:24 PM »

I am also hopeful that this philosophy will spread to the entire network.

It was clearly about time, as this approach was out of control.  This article shows the consequences of Jimmy Kimmel's appearance last October:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/richard_deitsch/10/17/kimmel/index.html

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
cowboy271
Grizzled Veteran

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 06:29:18 AM »

Maybe if NASCAR had as many dissatisfied ESPN viewers  as MNF voicing their dissatisfaction, the racing coverage could change.  In ESPN's defense (as well as the other networks covering NASCAR); it's a bit difficult to make a broadcast of boring racing exciting.  The last two Cup broadcasts haven't had much to work with regarding competition.  The JJ show at Cali wasn't much to work with and Richmond wasn't much better.  I know there were a couple of laps where Tony and Jimmie were almost side by side, but I also knew they wouldn't go all out and maybe hurt their "Chase" standings.  Two cars competing for the lead at Richmond in the final laps just ain't right.  I'm not sure if it's the CORN or the Chase, but the races leading up to the Chase (i.e. Bristol) have really lost any excitement.
I really can't blame ESPN for the lack of excitement...sorta hard to make a silk purse from a sow's ear, or so I've heard.

I'm keeping with NASCAR's theme.."Idiot of Tomorrow" so Speedcouch needs a new resident idiot.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: